Sonic Electronix

Active set up db level you guys use for gains?

Hey guys its me again i took your advice and i did plenty of research on an active set up, and i think i might give it a try. One thing i could not find though is how you set the gains on the tweeter and the mid range? (on the head unit and amplifier)--- I think i just have to put everything on full range with everything flat(slopes to zero,equalization to zero) then start turning my gains up from the on my amp until i hear distortion with a 1kh test tone. Correct me if i am wrong. I have a 80prs btw.

I am going to ditch the coaxials in the back and just run one set of tweeters and one set of mid range 6.5's up front. (2 tweeters, 2 mid ranges)

What 1khz test tone do you guys use for your tweeters? (0db,-5db,-10db). Should i even use a 1kh test tone for the tweeters?

what 1khz test tone do you guys use for your mid ranges? (0db,-5db,-10db).

i run an 80prs, running my fosgate tweeters off a 4x85 amp. tweets are rated at 75. i used a -0tone then turn the output on the headunit to -7 for left and -8 for right.

but i used a dd-1 to set the gain on the amp.

Don't have to wait for a dd-1, find someone with an oscope. I like 0db for my mids and highs. That's my taste though, other people are probably different.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Set everything flat,RTA disabled,do not touch EQ untill everything is set. check your mid and tweeters sensitivity,set mid to -0db 1khz,set sub to -0db 40/60hz, here's the tricky part. You see your tweeters sensitivity?

You are gonna have to tune those by -5db or possibly -10db 4/6/8khz. If you use a -0db track they will be stupid loud. Trust me,been there don't that many times.

What sort of tweeters are you running down to 1Khz? How much power?

Millions of audio builds came out just fine for decades before the "right tool" was available to set gains.... that being said, if you're on here asking you probably should just wait to buy the DD1 and leave 7 or 9dB on the table making things retard proof.

Archived