RyanJ Posted September 7, 2014 Report Posted September 7, 2014 What's up guys. As some of you guys know, I got in a situation with my accord about a week ago. Anyways, I'm looking at maybe purchasing a new car, specifically a WRX. I have a few questions about buyin a used "tuner" car. The years I'm looking at are from 05-09, WRX but not a STI. Buying used of course, and I'm looking for completely stock. How reliable are WRXs once they reach 100k miles? Does it depend on the driver or does the car slowly start falling apart since it comes stock turbo. I'm looking for a WRX since it's insurance isn't that bad for a sedan 4cyl and since it comes stock turbo. I jsit don't know if I should treat buying one like a honda where if it's at 100k miles, as long as the driver didn't push the engine and stayed up to date with mait, it can go anther 100k. Just a quick question. I looked at WRX forums but they mainly talk about buying them new. But I'm going to keep searching. Thanks MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
islandpride684 Posted September 7, 2014 Report Posted September 7, 2014 yeah, I wouldn't buy it used, friend of mine bought it new and he drove it like crazy and sold it after two years of abusing it....not saying everyone who buys them will test their limits, but people who do buy them probably don't drive them like a regular car.... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
RyanJ Posted September 7, 2014 Author Report Posted September 7, 2014 yeah, I wouldn't buy it used, friend of mine bought it new and he drove it like crazy and sold it after two years of abusing it....not saying everyone who buys them will test their limits, but people who do buy them probably don't drive them like a regular car....[/quotes] I figured. Did your friend mod the car. Or did he still run it hard stock MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
hdorre Posted September 7, 2014 Report Posted September 7, 2014 if you want a wrx in that yr range.. go for the hawk eye at the oldest.. so 06 at the oldest. the 05 has a 2L, and 06 has a 2.5L. What else.. Brakes.. the 4/2 pots are marginally better on the hawk than the blob. Now, what goes? The glass trannies LOL On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
islandpride684 Posted September 7, 2014 Report Posted September 7, 2014 yeah, I wouldn't buy it used, friend of mine bought it new and he drove it like crazy and sold it after two years of abusing it....not saying everyone who buys them will test their limits, but people who do buy them probably don't drive them like a regular car....[/quotes] I figured. Did your friend mod the car. Or did he still run it hard stock all he added was a boost controller, exhaust and intake Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
RyanJ Posted September 8, 2014 Author Report Posted September 8, 2014 Damn. What can compare too a WRX? As a tuner ? I was maybe thinking an 08 G35 6spd? The 08+ is the VQ35HR instead of the Vq35de Which had an oil problem. But idk the weight of a 35 is more than a WRX I'm pretty sure. I'll keep looking MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 8, 2014 Report Posted September 8, 2014 Damn. What can compare too a WRX? As a tuner ? I was maybe thinking an 08 G35 6spd? The 08+ is the VQ35HR instead of the Vq35de Which had an oil problem. But idk the weight of a 35 is more than a WRX I'm pretty sure. I'll keep looking Mazdaspeed 6 That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 8, 2014 Report Posted September 8, 2014 Or a Lancer evo That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
hdorre Posted September 8, 2014 Report Posted September 8, 2014 Damn. What can compare too a WRX? As a tuner ? I was maybe thinking an 08 G35 6spd? The 08+ is the VQ35HR instead of the Vq35de Which had an oil problem. But idk the weight of a 35 is more than a WRX I'm pretty sure. I'll keep looking Ralliart. Lol On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
RyanJ Posted September 8, 2014 Author Report Posted September 8, 2014 Or a Lancer evoevos = 25k used. Way out of my range ? but Mazda 6s I heard are stock quick but the engine layout isn't a user friendly tuner. The serious cars I was looking at WRX , 08+ G35, s2k, 07+ 350z, maybe an Audi s4 older?, or a is300. I have to also factor in insurance and MPG MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.