Will a 370 Amp Mechman Alt handle this?

What brand batteries are you running?

Yes that alt will be enough.

I have that exact same alt and have run more wattage than that and still not dipped into battery resting voltage (below 13.x)

mine idles at 225 says the ticket that came with it

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

why wire it to 0.5 and go easy on the gain? just wire it at 2 ohms. what you will gain in amperage you will lose in efficiency from the amp.. if you want more power get a bigger amp

people who trust that electrical. do you even know what batteries he has?

if its 3 d3100 yes.. maybe even northstar

any other brand and he might as well light up his gear now.. chances are he is running off brand batteries since he didnt post brands

Why would you pay for a $800 amp, to run it at half the lowest rated impedance and obtain only half the power since it's korean? I agree that there is no reason to run it at .5ohm, but to get power out of it with his choice in subs. That is probably the only thing that he can do.

I would run the amp at .5 ohm on that electrical and just back the gain off a little to relive a little stress from the subs.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

why wire it to 0.5 and go easy on the gain? just wire it at 2 ohms. what you will gain in amperage you will lose in efficiency from the amp.. if you want more power get a bigger amp

any other brand and he might as well light up his gear now.. chances are he is running off brand batteries since he didnt post brands

You could look at my Signature but its your choice but they are C&D and I didnt think I would dip into the batteries reserve with such a large alternator so it wouldnt completely matter but I see your point, I think I'll go northstar soon

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Why would you pay for a $800 amp, to run it at half the lowest rated impedance and obtain only half the power since it's korean? I agree that there is no reason to run it at .5ohm, but to get power out of it with his choice in subs. That is probably the only thing that he can do.

I would run the amp at .5 ohm on that electrical and just back the gain off a little to relive a little stress from the subs.

I appreciate your post, I can only run at 0.5 due to the fact my subs are dual 2 ohm, at the time I didnt realize the problems I would be having but now I've learned my lesson! Thanks man.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

I dont understand the stress on the subs stuff. Those subs shoullld be fine on 4300w. The only way to make power is to go .5. Even for efficiency arguements youre still gonna get dick at 3ohms after rise or worse.

Or yea go get a 10k at run it at 2ohm. And make like 4.5k w.e

I ran the same amp at .5 with my 200a alt and 2 xs batts listed below dropping to about 12v. Amp stayed freezing cold. So yea with double the alt, and a good bit more reserve. Youll be fine, and your subs if built properly will be fine.

Set your gain correctly and be smart. Youll have no problems

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived