Second Skin Audio

Best Way to utilize rear deck for subs

IH8PunkRok

So my buddy GTOguy and I have been contemplating the best way to get bass without using the tiny bit of trunk he has. So naturally we have decided the rear deck is the only real option. The problem lies in that fact that I don't know of any IB 6.5" subs

So what would be the best way to get the best bass using only the rear deck and maybe 1000 watts?

Right now he has stock speakers wired to the amp which does ok... but its not enough

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I have considered that but the gto has a gas tank in the trunk which really limits any depth under the rear deck

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ahhh gotcha.... build the parcel tray up towards the window then.... the problem with mounting anything to that part of the car is that's it's not re-enfored enough or strong enough for anything to sound "decent" unless it's re-enfored and has an enclosure. could build small boxes into the floor well for the passanger footroom, and raise the floor up a bit. tis gonna be hard to get good/decent bass into the cabin, specially with that tank there.

also what sorta gto are we talkin bout

2004 Pontiac gto

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

What about a pair of 8's down in the kick panels? Or in the doors? Any reason they HAVE to be in the back of the vehicle?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Just preference

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Well, if you're stuck on subs in the back deck, gonna have to build an enclosure and heavily reinforce. Personally, I'd give some thought to doing a blow through in the trunk through holes in the back deck. That way, you could build the enclosure very wide and tall to keep the depth fairly shallow, that would keep as much trunk space as possible.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

DD has a 6.5 sub I have heard good stuff about it but never worked with one. They are like 250 watt i think so maybe not as powerful as you were thinking if your only gonna run two, and about mounting them in the deck idk cause I've always seen them in boxes but I'm sure you could figure something out with a box.

Here's the link to their page:

http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/woofers/sw65

The only problem i see is you will probably have to find a dealer and buy it from them, because of DD's dealer only policy. But i guess it shouldn't be too hard to find a dealer they have a ton.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP