Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 Fi Team 15s: Hz and port area help please


magillaru

Recommended Posts

Posted

Using CarStereo's online calculator, I came up with a 220" port area tuned at 32 Hz.

Would this be efficient with 2 BC5500s?

Would anybody (particularly someone that owns or has experience with these subs) recommend different tuning for a daily driver?

*This is going to be walled so space is not an issue.

Thanks!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Posted

For my preference that's a bit too much port area, in my car I would run about 70-80" per sub. Tuning is just a preference really, but 32 should sound pretty good

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

That's what I was thinking regarding the port area - seemed like a lot.

I want to be able to play the lower notes but still be able to get a good response with some of the higher frequencies.

Trying to get as much input as I can. Thanks for the response!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Posted

Frick yeah another basshead from Ohio!

I'm from the mansfieldish area.

 

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Posted

Haha Nice

East side of Cleveland here!

I know Gunnem lives around here somewhere just from talking to him on the forum but I don't know anyone around here that's into it like I am. This is my main source for getting information and bouncing ideas off of people.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 692 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...