dnewell2004 Posted September 16, 2014 Report Posted September 16, 2014 I assume I can do this. Can I basically build a box out of 1/8-1/4" sheet wood and reinforce it with fiberglas? I'm very limited on space to work with but I've found a spot under the rear seats that measures 16x14x5(if I cut out the 1/2 foam on the floorboard). Speakers only need .4 cuft and have a depth of 2.94. I think the Glas will make the box sturdy enough but thought I'd ask for advice. Thanks. Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?" Me: "What is your ohm load?" Them: "What's an ohm load?"
Joe X Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Isn't that a SUV? What speakers are you using? Where are you placing that box?
dnewell2004 Posted September 17, 2014 Author Report Posted September 17, 2014 Under the third row seats. I have 4 kids and utilize the third row and cargo area. My subs are MB Quart reference series 10's. Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?" Me: "What is your ohm load?" Them: "What's an ohm load?"
Joe X Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 There are alternative installation locations you may want to consider, like the something like the following: Anyways to answer the question, I would go with no less than 5/8" wood, after all those are 350W or so subs, since you are going sealed would also use poly-fill to help them sounding better in a small box, if you are doing 1/2" regardless use stiffer stuff like birch. Hope the end result is suitable to your likings as I wouldn't even try it.
will77530 Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 with enough fiberglass cloth/ mat and resin it will be strong enough, ppl build entire enclosures out of glass
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.