Calling all Spotify users....equalizers, sound quality, volume, etc

Is the in app equalizer useful? Do they work when using Bluetooth? Does anyone use a 3rd party equalizer? I have the paid membership and use the "Extreme Quality" for downloads and streaming and have been pretty pleased with the sound quality. Just wondering if there was a way to get a little bit more out of it. I have noticed though that some songs sound worse than others, is this due to the quality of the original file that Spotfiy acquired? I also have noticed some songs are louder than others, for instance I normally play my music on 30 but sometimes the following song will not be anywhere near as loud at the same level. Is there anything you can do for this either? Also, when playing music back on Bluetooth, what volume should you have your phone set at? Can your phone possibly clip the signal?

The difference in quality/volume it has to do with the original file they got and the way it was recorded

Phones do clip, check if yours does

I would bypass any EQing from the phone or any other app and just use your hu eq system

I'm not on spotify I tried but didn't like it

I use pandora or buy CDs or of iTunes

The difference in quality/volume it has to do with the original file they got and the way it was recorded

I would bypass any EQing from the phone or any other app and just use your hu eq system

Thanks for the post. I noticed songs can vary greatly in quality and figured that it was due to the original file and the way they got it, etc. I have the in-app EQ set at "balanced", think I should just do the custom option and put everything right in the middle?

Also, how can I check if my phone is clipping the BT signal? If it means anything, I have a Motorola Droid Maxx. Also, what is the reason you prefer Pandora over Spotify? I am still in the trial period of my premium membership and can cancel before I have to start paying.

Thanks for the post. I noticed songs can vary greatly in quality and figured that it was due to the original file and the way they got it, etc. I have the in-app EQ set at "balanced", think I should just do the custom option and put everything right in the middle?

Also, how can I check if my phone is clipping the BT signal? If it means anything, I have a Motorola Droid Maxx. Also, what is the reason you prefer Pandora over Spotify? I am still in the trial period of my premium membership and can cancel before I have to start paying.

The only way I know how to find if your phone clips is by using a dd1, maybe someone else know a different way

I just leave my iPhone to none on the eq and do everything on the hu

I've only tried spofify with the 14 day free trial and when I would play a song it wouldn't stay in the same genre

Example I would be listening to reggea and a Miley cirus song would come up. Or I would on a rap song and some pop song would come

And I only use pandora when I'm trying to find new music, spotify didn't do a good job on that

And I'm not going to pay $10 a month

I'd rather by a cd or of iTunes

The only way I know how to find if your phone clips is by using a dd1, maybe someone else know a different way

I just leave my iPhone to none on the eq and do everything on the hu

I've only tried spofify with the 14 day free trial and when I would play a song it wouldn't stay in the same genre

Example I would be listening to reggea and a Miley cirus song would come up. Or I would on a rap song and some pop song would come

And I only use pandora when I'm trying to find new music, spotify didn't do a good job on that

And I'm not going to pay $10 a month

I'd rather by a cd or of iTunes

You can't dd-1 a bluetooth signal, you can only use it on the headphone output if you have something to split the left and right signals into rca's.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

I think clipping via Bluetooth would be caused by a poor quality original file. Like if Spotify used a clipped song from the beginning. I don't think I will be paying the $10 a month once the trial is up, $10 is alot. I mean Netflix streaming is $7 a month. Spotify is just music, I think $10 is highway robbery. Unlimited skips is nice though, and the ability to download songs to a playlist via WiFi and not use data when on the road. However, $10 is still too much.

The words "Bluetooth" and "Sound Quality" should never be in the same thread.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived