SundownZ71 Posted September 23, 2014 Author Report Posted September 23, 2014 ahh ok, gotcha.But, do you know how long it takes to fully break in a SA-15? Only had it bout 2 weeks.
MaxVolume Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 never had a sub nice enough to worry about break in haha but I remembered this from the soundqubed website We recommend allowing several weeks of playing time to break in SQ Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder. different company than your sundown, and I think the multi spider hdc requires extra breaking in compared to your sa, but the moral of the story seems to be take it easy, and play on the side of caution
juan777 Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 My HDC4s took for fucking ever to loosen up. 3-4 months The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
MaxVolume Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 not sure how to edit on mobile but just had another thought... I've heard of people free airing subs on VERY low, CONFIRMED CLEAN power, playing a tone for a day or so to help expedite the break in process. Personally I would be too paranoid to not be within 10 feet the whole time of "playing", but it's an option. Of course I've never tried this... so I could very well be full of shit
SundownZ71 Posted September 23, 2014 Author Report Posted September 23, 2014 not sure how to edit on mobile but just had another thought... I've heard of people free airing subs on VERY low, CONFIRMED CLEAN power, playing a tone for a day or so to help expedite the break in process. Personally I would be too paranoid to not be within 10 feet the whole time of "playing", but it's an option. Of course I've never tried this... so I could very well be full of shit Haha thanks man, I'll keep that in mind.
sbg Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 not sure how to edit on mobile but just had another thought... I've heard of people free airing subs on VERY low, CONFIRMED CLEAN power, playing a tone for a day or so to help expedite the break in process. Personally I would be too paranoid to not be within 10 feet the whole time of "playing", but it's an option. Of course I've never tried this... so I could very well be full of shit The other day I was looking up this "break in" thing. Because I just got a pair of hcca 12s and they are crazy stiff. Also wanted to know how long it took other people running hccas to brake in there's. I seen a video of a guy playing his hccas in his house for 600 hrs! My SQ HDC3's took about a month... 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
MaxVolume Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 *whoop, whoop, alert, sarcasm incoming* Y'all taking way too long to get them things loose yo, tell you what, hit up walmart and get the biggest amp they got, dat new BOSS 5k should work, know'm sayin?, and set subsonic to off (mad lows yo), gain to .2 V (make sure its point 2, otherwise you ain't gettin your full $40 worth from that amp, #BallinOnABudget), and bass boost to max (only if you want hairtricks/grill flex tho, that shits cray cray). Find some bitchin bass heavy music (just go to youtube and type bass boosted, they have lots of great choices) and turn that bish up. Dem subs be flappin in no time
juan777 Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 *whoop, whoop, alert, sarcasm incoming* Y'all taking way too long to get them things loose yo, tell you what, hit up walmart and get the biggest amp they got, dat new BOSS 5k should work, know'm sayin?, and set subsonic to off (mad lows yo), gain to .2 V (make sure its point 2, otherwise you ain't gettin your full $40 worth from that amp, #BallinOnABudget), and bass boost to max (only if you want hairtricks/grill flex tho, that shits cray cray). Find some bitchin bass heavy music (just go to youtube and type bass boosted, they have lots of great choices) and turn that bish up. Dem subs be flappin in no time You forgot to raise all bass options on the HU all the way up. The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
MaxVolume Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 You forgot to raise all bass options on the HU all the way up. Ah yeah good tip for the n00bs, any real veteran will already have em maxed Now that I think about it....you could break em in REALLLY fast if you wire em to a 120V AC plug and and stick em in the wall socket
juan777 Posted September 23, 2014 Report Posted September 23, 2014 You forgot to raise all bass options on the HU all the way up. Ah yeah good tip for the n00bs, any real veteran will already have em maxed Now that I think about it....you could break em in REALLLY fast if you wire em to a 120V AC plug and and stick em in the wall socket Yeap. Another insider trick is to fill a bucket with water or any liquid really and throw the sub in there after hooking it up to a wall outlet...you know...for cooling and shit The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.