Sonic Electronix

Why do so many people use this head unit? Active? Passive?

Price to start with. got mine for $230 off amazon. For a SQ build it is amazing but pretty much any build. The control you have in your system with this HU is awesome. So many people run these HU because they are one of the best out right now. The PRS-99 is a beautiful HU but comes at a huge price tag. Damn...4-way active would kick ass! This HU can take ok speakers and help make them sound like high dollar speaker. Really cant say enough about it accept it really shines in Active mode and this being my first active setup I will never go back to passive.

Now you got me thinking about snagging one. I usually don't like Pioneer,but with all the people raving about them running active.

I might jump on the band wagon.

Active/Passive refers mainly to how the crossover(s) are handled. A passive system will use a crossover block that is usually included with a set of component speakers while an active system will use an electronic crossover and amplify each speaker independently. You can also apply time alignment to each speaker in an active system as well, which can improve soundstage and imaging. I used my 80-PRS for a long time without an external processor and I thought it was great, however when I changed my front stage setup I required more flexibility with crossover frequencies so I had to add a processor, and I must say I now have vastly improved staging and imaging.

Great clarification. Thanks! I have some research to do.

We don't do it for the glory.

Just remember that running active means 100% of the power from the amplifier (minus the wire resistance) is going to the speakers now. Tweeters are very sensitive to power, and over-powering them will quickly result in a blown tweeter.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I use this remote from last deck. I can access the audio menus which the one that came with couldnt and bug the shit out of me. I ditched that and never looked back using my old remote. Way more usefull. 1 think I can stand is whwn you go back to the usb menu or search it doesnt go straight back to where you are. When you have a 128g usb stick that just irritates me. My last Pioneer deck in pic spoiled me.

20140705_211254.jpg

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter