Sundown Audio

Got a question about amps.

Andrew5142

Right now I have a Polk Audio DB212 Enclosure. It sound's really good, better then my cousins W7 10".  But thats just me, but I did notice the amp is very weak.  It's a Visonik 400watt 2 Channel.  Not sure what the specs are, but it does overheat quick and shuts off.  I know I need to get a new one, but how much of a difference would a amp make?

Polk Audio DB212: 1500 Watts Peak/750 Watts RMS

Visonik 400Watt 2 Channel Amp: runing about 150 or 200 watts into the sub.

Ah crap Just noticed I posted on the wrong Section.

no no no.. not jl ...dont go that route... save a little more money.. (and x-mas is on the way) and get a rockford fosgate 10001bd  or an mtx 7801 both are great and are always underrated..you can just turn the gains down and it will be fine.. i would highly recommend those 2 over the jl.. just my honest opinion

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

Why get the 500/1 and underpower the sub?? That's a sure way to damage it right there.

Polk Audio DB212: 1500 Watts Peak/750 Watts RMS...(you have)

I have a Fusion PP-AM15001 for sale right now...this amp puts out 850watts rms @2ohms. 1500watts max. It's a great amp that would power your subs very nicely, you'd love it...I have it in my truck right now. Only reason I wanna sell it is because my sub will handle more power and I have a bigger amp waiting to go in its place. PM me if you're interested. It's less than you were looking to spend on that JL amp which would've hurt your subs.

(I know this isn't the for sale area, but he needs a new amp and I have one for sale that is damn near perfect for his set-up.)

go RF man

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Alright my eyes are slowly moving away from JL Audio.  But if I get a new amp, would I be able to set off "More Car Alarms?" (Which is fun :P)  I've been able to shake Objects in buildings passing by, but not alot, with very steady quietness from the building you will hear it.  Would a amp Increase those effects by alot?? I've see Hifonic Amps, are they good?  Alot of people I seen have them. 

hifonics are usually overrated.. except the xx-series... mtx or RF will suite u very well.. and if you ever decide to upgrade you will be able to with the power those 2 amps push out and are very efficient and wouldnt strain your electrical system as much as a hifonics..

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

x2!  im not a huge fan of hifonics either.  you cant go wrong with the rockford.  i personally like kicker. 

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/