BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 what model pioneer deck do you have? P99RS is the stage 4 deck. Actually I have the DEX-P99RS
tacomaguy1 Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 Yes Amps at full range and use the deck to set crossover points Team Flex Issues
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 so you just bought a bunch of stuff b/c you think it's going to sound good together and you have no idea how to hook it up? sounds like you need to go back to the drawing board. Were you here to help, or just talk a little shit? I'd prefer you help out a little without the condescending remarks, and in turn Im sure there are a few things I could help you out with in the future.. No one knows everything but I am not far from the drawing board, i'm on the posting board lol.
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 Yes Amps at full range and use the deck to set crossover points Right on! Thanks. I just want to do things right the first time ya know. I am going for SQ and the volume can come later but SQ first! And love the "dont argue with an idiot" quote good shit!
gckless Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 The 99PRS is very powerful, you can do an active three way front stage plus sub with no other processing required. With that said, I'm really confused as to what you have planned in your head. How do you plan on running one amp for tweets and another amp for mids if you're using a crossover in the middle? If I have 8 tweets and 4 xovers in the middle, (2 tweets per box) then one 4 channel amp stable at 1 ohm will be used for the tweeter input on the xover boxes X4, so theres my 1st amp (JL HD600X4). Then my 4 Focal 6-1/2''s for the other JL HD 600X4 for the mid or "low" input the same way. BUT....theres a problem...The Focal xover set I have is not BI-Ampable, but the JL xovers are. I think I just got my Question answered in here (thanks Guys) I dont need the xovers if I know what the hell I'm doing with frequencies, so dont put it on low pass for my tweeters or its back to the drawing board......Right? LOL Ah, the bi-amping threw me. But yeah, I think you got it then. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 If you have the 99PRS, you don't need anything else. DEX-P99RS, thats what I thought but I assume nothing anymore. I guess i just have to look up specs on all the drivers I am using, keep them together on a separate amp for each set of like drivers, so I don't screw up frequencies, unless 2 drivers are the same, but yeah right. Now I am starting to see why there are comments about mixing drivers, looks like I am only making it harder on myself. I guess I think like this...If I mix a few high end components, the sum of the resulting SQ willl be better than just one type. Make sense? Besides, Money always dictates what I can afford, but when I have an opportunity to get 2 - 900.00 JL sets for 900.00 instead of 1800, im a sucker. I also picked up 2 JL HD 600.4 amps for 500 ea brand new. The owner of the JL dealer in town gave me a break.
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 If you have the 99PRS, you don't need anything else. DEX-P99RS, thats what I thought but I assume nothing anymore. I guess i just have to look up specs on all the drivers I am using, keep them together on a separate amp for each set of like drivers, so I don't screw up frequencies, unless 2 drivers are the same, but yeah right. Now I am starting to see why there are comments about mixing drivers, looks like I am only making it harder on myself. I guess I think like this...If I mix a few high end components, the sum of the resulting SQ willl be better than just one type. Make sense? Besides, Money always dictates what I can afford, but when I have an opportunity to get 2 - 900.00 JL sets for 900.00 instead of 1800, im a sucker. I also picked up 2 JL HD 600.4 amps for 500 ea brand new. The owner of the JL dealer in town gave me a break.
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 If you have the 99PRS, you don't need anything else. DEX-P99RS, thats what I thought but I assume nothing anymore. I guess i just have to look up specs on all the drivers I am using, keep them together on a separate amp for each set of like drivers, so I don't screw up frequencies, unless 2 drivers are the same, but yeah right. Now I am starting to see why there are comments about mixing drivers, looks like I am only making it harder on myself. I guess I think like this...If I mix a few high end components, the sum of the resulting SQ willl be better than just one type. Make sense? Besides, Money always dictates what I can afford, but when I have an opportunity to get 2 - 900.00 JL sets for 900.00 instead of 1800, im a sucker. I also picked up 2 JL HD 600.4 amps for 500 ea brand new. The owner of the JL dealer in town gave me a break.
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 The 99PRS is very powerful, you can do an active three way front stage plus sub with no other processing required. With that said, I'm really confused as to what you have planned in your head. How do you plan on running one amp for tweets and another amp for mids if you're using a crossover in the middle? If I have 8 tweets and 4 xovers in the middle, (2 tweets per box) then one 4 channel amp stable at 1 ohm will be used for the tweeter input on the xover boxes X4, so theres my 1st amp (JL HD600X4). Then my 4 Focal 6-1/2''s for the other JL HD 600X4 for the mid or "low" input the same way. BUT....theres a problem...The Focal xover set I have is not BI-Ampable, but the JL xovers are. I think I just got my Question answered in here (thanks Guys) I dont need the xovers if I know what the hell I'm doing with frequencies, so dont put it on low pass for my tweeters or its back to the drawing board......Right? LOL Ah, the bi-amping threw me. But yeah, I think you got it then. Right on! I really appreciate the input, seriously, I really do. Thank you sir.
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 Thank you all for all your feedback, everyone has been very helpful. Buunch of cool people in here that all share the love for music, and bad ass systems! I will be sure to post some more pics as I make progress in this build. Anyone know how to post pictures other than the profile pic and other than the URL? What is a URL anyway? I only know to just click browse and add know what I mean?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.