BigMike916 Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 BigMike916 Question.....Do I have to use crossovers that come with component sets, or can I just use my deck (Pioneer stage 4) with 31 bands of EQ per channel (8 channels) or just use something like the 3SIXTY3, or the built in amplifier crossovers, or a combination thereof? Trying to eliminate the need for extra space to mount 8 crossover boxes (4 for my focal KRX2 POWER SERIES and 4 more for 2 5-1/4 sets of JL AUDIO ZX series) I will use multiple amps, one for tweets, one for focal mids, one for JL mids, and one for 4-JL 8" ZX Midbass woofers (2 per door)
mothra Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 so you just bought a bunch of stuff b/c you think it's going to sound good together and you have no idea how to hook it up? sounds like you need to go back to the drawing board. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
OrionStang Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 If you have the 99PRS, you don't need anything else. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
aculous Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 I don't know how to crossover, thats better answered by a priest or a shaman. But no you do not have to use the crossover that comes with your component set. If you run them active off your amplifier you can set crossover frequency from the amp. You just need to know crossover slope and frequency so you don't damage the drivers. Passive crossovers i.e the ones that came with your components are easier becuase its already done for you, wire up and go. Active crossovers like the type that are in your amps take tunning and time to make sure you have the right slope and frequency. You can also use the pioneer 80prs or 99prs to set crossover frequency. I think its easier from the amp but thats your choice.
gckless Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 The 99PRS is very powerful, you can do an active three way front stage plus sub with no other processing required. With that said, I'm really confused as to what you have planned in your head. How do you plan on running one amp for tweets and another amp for mids if you're using a crossover in the middle? "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
SIDE SHOW Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 what model pioneer deck do you have?
OrionStang Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 what model pioneer deck do you have? P99RS is the stage 4 deck. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 what model pioneer deck do you have? DEX-P99RS
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 The 99PRS is very powerful, you can do an active three way front stage plus sub with no other processing required. With that said, I'm really confused as to what you have planned in your head. How do you plan on running one amp for tweets and another amp for mids if you're using a crossover in the middle? If I have 8 tweets and 4 xovers in the middle, (2 tweets per box) then one 4 channel amp stable at 1 ohm will be used for the tweeter input on the xover boxes X4, so theres my 1st amp (JL HD600X4). Then my 4 Focal 6-1/2''s for the other JL HD 600X4 for the mid or "low" input the same way. BUT....theres a problem...The Focal xover set I have is not BI-Ampable, but the JL xovers are. I think I just got my Question answered in here (thanks Guys) I dont need the xovers if I know what the hell I'm doing with frequencies, so dont put it on low pass for my tweeters or its back to the drawing board......Right? LOL
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 I don't know how to crossover, thats better answered by a priest or a shaman. But no you do not have to use the crossover that comes with your component set. If you run them active off your amplifier you can set crossover frequency from the amp. You just need to know crossover slope and frequency so you don't damage the drivers. Passive crossovers i.e the ones that came with your components are easier becuase its already done for you, wire up and go. Active crossovers like the type that are in your amps take tunning and time to make sure you have the right slope and frequency. You can also use the pioneer 80prs or 99prs to set crossover frequency. I think its easier from the amp but thats your choice. Cool thanks everyone has been a lot of help in here! So, if I use the deck for tuning, are my amps set to full range? and if I use my amps, is my deck set to flat? (at least to start with)?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.