battery choice help!

ok first, sorry for the number of post about this, but something else came up.

so, im gona be running 2 x12s and my original plan is a 200amp alt and 2 d3100's in the trunk and i had a yellow top optima in front..

d3100s are about 370 at my local store.. and a friend is getting me yellow top optima brand new for 150$ which is a GREATd deal seeing as I'm on a budget..

can i go with the optimas and run 3? 2 secondary and 1 upfront? the most I'm running on this setup is the 3k sundown amp. and lanzar 700.1 with a couple 10s and 8s for voice.

keep in mind, i know the d3100 is everyones choice but for the price difference..

d3400 seems to work well...cheaper, lighter...some folks here love the d3100...some not...optima makes descent stuff. im not gonna fall in to a vs thread...so...I suppose your biggest issue is budget, id just go for what you can afford, see how they hold up, and make changes if necessary.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

not a vs thread cause i know the d3100 is better.

but for me, (and I'm on a crazy budget) it'll be way better to run the 3 yellow tops.. ill get 2 for 300 and i won't need an isolator and stuff to run the yellow top upfront and the xs in back. just wana know if optima is still good. my friend told me xs is for the guys going for the real big build. in my case, i wouldn't need it. but i wana drive the xs to everything they can handle playing daily.

Archived