Jump to content

PRV mids and highs?


LemonyGuy

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was reading about PRV Audio and they sound good from what I read and was wondering if you guys could help out with maybe buying some? If I get some I will be running them off a VFL 350.4 which does 125x4 at 4 and 250x4 at 2. If this sounds good to you guys I was thinking about putting 2 6-1/2 and either 1 or 2 tweeters in each front door. If I run 2 tweeters per side one will go in the a pillar. In the back I was thinking a 8 inch mid bass woofer in each door. Each door would gets its own channel on the amp. If I do this idea where would I get a crossover like the ones in component sets. I was thinking if this came out more expensive than I thought I would just go with 2 crescendo components sets and then 2 of their 8inch mid bass woofers.

Also how would 2 pwx 6.5s and 2 FT1 tweeters in each sound? Loud and plenty of midbass?

If this idea doesn't work please give me some help guys. I want this to be plenty loud and I want good mid bass that can get kinda low so I can tune the sub even lower.

Posted

I think (assuming you have a 4 door vehicle) running a single 8 in each door with a single pair of tweeters in the A-pillars would seem like a better option for you. Then you can add midrange in the kicks if need be ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Love my 8's over my 6.5. Don't know much about PRV they are a pro line.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

the 6.5s are great but won't give u outstanding midbass. I run 4 in each door off of a ct sounds 125.4 and they take the power all day great speakers

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Posted

So if i go with the 8 in the door and the tweeter in the a pillar i would run a passive crossover most like because to my knowledge the pioneer avh-x1500dvd cant go fully active and I dont have the dough for a cc1 yet. So for crossovers i was looking at the http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-1df5200h-high-pass-crossover-board-5200-6800-hz-with-selectable-attenuation--294-2866 to go with the http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-tw600ti-high-power-titanium-bullet-super-tweeter-8-ohm--294-2818 and for the mid bass i was eyeing http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-8mr500-php-4-8-midbass-midrange-woofer-4-ohm--294-2709 . the problem with that setup is while the 8 can play up to where the tweeter starts kicking in, it lacks in the lower range. I wanted something that could go to 75hz. They say the tweeter can go to 4khz and if it can and i can get a crossover for it, there is an 8 that goes to 4k hz and hits down to 75 hz so that would work but idk how to setup the tweeter to go so low without a passive

crossover. On the other hand i can go with crescendo pwx 8 and hit low enough for me to be happy and it would play right up to the tweeters crossover point. I want to go with prv so if it could work with that please tell me how.

Posted

4k ??? Geezz

My tweeters are crossed over at 2600 htz. Why cross them over so high ??

I'm on my phone so I can't se the links.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

4k ??? Geezz

My tweeters are crossed over at 2600 htz. Why cross them over so high ??

I'm on my phone so I can't se the links.

Just what they say to cross at, they recommend 5k but say that the one can go to 4k and the other goes to 3k

Posted

@ColoradoDream

he runs PRV mids/highs...sound badass

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

As low as possible to blend with the other drivers ... Crossing that high will require the need for midrange drivers.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...