PRV mids and highs?

LemonyGuy

As low as possible to blend with the other drivers ... Crossing that high will require the need for midrange drivers.

now this.. this has me thinking. Just when i though i had it all figured out..

You may have a PM later :)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

4k ??? Geezz

My tweeters are crossed over at 2600 htz. Why cross them over so high ??

I'm on my phone so I can't se the links.

Just what they say to cross at, they recommend 5k but say that the one can go to 4k and the other goes to 3k
The average "musical" tweeter is normally crossed over around 3k. If you do not plan to run mid range, you really need a tweeter that can do this with no problems.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

As low as possible to blend with the other drivers ... Crossing that high will require the need for midrange drivers.

But if the 8 inchs can go up to 4k, why cross lower?
Overlap for a seemless transition between drivers ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

But if the 8 inchs can go up to 4k, why cross lower?
Overlap for a seemless transition between drivers ...

Ok so cross the 8 at 4k and the tweeter at 3k. Now what should I get to do this? From my radio I can set the lowpass at 80 or 63 but 80 seems high 63 seems low. Could I get an electric crossover like this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13514_Clarion-MCD360.html and set everything? It's got the hp for the tweeter and the high pass for the 8 but no lp for the 8?

Unless you have a dedicated midrange driver setup, I would not cut the top end of a 8" midbass driver. atleast not at first, get a bit mor involved with tuning. You wont notice much difference until your ears are use (trained) to your system's characteristics. Plus like I said earlier, you will be missing frequencies.

Unless you have a dedicated midrange driver setup, I would not cut the top end of a 8" midbass driver. atleast not at first, get a bit mor involved with tuning. You wont notice much difference until your ears are use (trained) to your system's characteristics. Plus like I said earlier, you will be missing frequencies.

So the higher frequencies won't damage the 8? And will that Clarion crossover work? It seems like that is the cheapest way to put a crossover on all the speakers.

If you notice ... I'm an application person. Not a brand calling person.

I like to match, but also ... I like using the best product for that particular application that I can get my hands on ...

Personally ... I like using my head unit for all of my crossover needs verses additional crossovers and/or processing. Just saying.

I prefer over lap also, but, i do NOT like putting upper un needed freq's to my mids. I see no reason to let them play in the very UPPER band width. To me, thats wasted power.

Its like having my subs play 80hz. Sure, they can i suppose. But, it just seems like wasted power.

im a HUGE fan of BAND passing, than just cutting...... Then again, im no SQ comp player, none the less winner.....

(but my RTA score in PSYCOLONE is up there. Im in the top 20 on the planet, and i hate flat. But i kinda "understand" the hows, whys, and such. (and im learning more and more on it ;) )

Like Randell, im particular about where and what i run in my band. :shrug:

and i run shitty PA gear. ;)

I would run all the crossover junk on my hu but i am very limited with my hu abilities and i really like it so its not being changed for a while. So thats why crossover is added, so i can set things more accurately versus on the amp knobs. So i set the subs high pass on the hu and that is handled. For the 8 inch signal i send it to the clarion crossover and set the high pass and on the amp i can eyeball the lowpass so not to waste power like kyle said and if the lowpass isnt perfect, no biggie. For the tweets i set the high pass on the clarion again, with no lowpass. All this should work right? And there will be 1k of overlay between tweeter and 8 which make the transition nice and smooth?

Archived