SQL50 Posted September 28, 2014 Report Posted September 28, 2014 Sundown specs are from 3-4 cu ft on ported airspace. I know power has a lot to do with it, so what would be the best size for running rms? Thanks in advance. It will be my first sundown build, so I'm not familiar with box builds on them.
RainStryke Posted September 28, 2014 Report Posted September 28, 2014 Have a few questions:What amp are you using? What are the measurements of the area you have to work with?
SQL50 Posted September 28, 2014 Author Report Posted September 28, 2014 95 4dr jeep cherokee, rockford r1200-1d, about 42w 20-22 h 27d, that's my whole cargo area.
ToNasty Posted September 28, 2014 Report Posted September 28, 2014 7.5-8 cubes tuned to 34 ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
SQL50 Posted September 28, 2014 Author Report Posted September 28, 2014 Thanks, I plan on upgrading the amp eventually but I figure it would do alright for a little while.
Joe X Posted September 29, 2014 Report Posted September 29, 2014 So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide. bracing is 1.25" wooden dowel rods, only the top to bottom braces and the internal port brace are really necessary:
SQL50 Posted October 3, 2014 Author Report Posted October 3, 2014 I sent you that pm before I realized you posted this design, my bad. But it looks like a great design, what kind of mods would I have to make to the box to get it at about a 32 hz tuning? I haven't tried a port design quite like that one before.
SQL50 Posted October 3, 2014 Author Report Posted October 3, 2014 Or well.. 34hz will work for me. I do have a port question though, how are you calculating the tuning frequency, port area & length on it?
SQL50 Posted October 5, 2014 Author Report Posted October 5, 2014 Ok, I guess the port being centered kinda threw me off.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.