Second Skin Audio

Need input for box size for 2 sa 15s @ rms rating

SQL50

So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide. bracing is 1.25" wooden dowel rods, only the top to bottom braces and the internal port brace are really necessary:

2sa15.jpg

SP4SUPB_zps79a95136.jpg

Tax time's almost here and I'm about ready for the build. I've decided to go with another r1200, so two r1200s. If you don't mind can you redesign it to like a shared port, separate airspace build? Wish they were strappable. I appreciate your help.

Last time I went by the assumption you had D4 subs for a final load of 1 ohm, if you are running two amps you would nominally push 800W per side @ 2 ohm each, the difference in output from 600 to 800 watts is negligible, on the box, you could just gain match the amps and run the same exact box (net volume wouldn't need correction).

That's what I would like to do, the r1200 I have right now has been paid for for a while. To me that seemed like the cheapest route was to get another. But I know where your coming from.

Right, as long as you do a good job, to make things simple on yourself I would get a Q1 2200d on two D4s and be done with it.

If I do decide to go with two r1200s how would the remote gain work? Or should I bother installing them?

Are you crazy?!?! NO one runs Sundown on ONLY rated power. You gotta double it at least bruh.

As stated, I'd run 4 cubes per sub personally on rated power. Also, you don't need to tune so low(32 Hz) with that orientation of box and port. The Cherokee is going to help you out and lower the tuning for you. Tune at 35 Hz or so.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Are you crazy?!?! NO one runs Sundown on ONLY rated power. You gotta double it at least bruh.

As stated, I'd run 4 cubes per sub personally on rated power. Also, you don't need to tune so low(32 Hz) with that orientation of box and port. The Cherokee is going to help you out and lower the tuning for you. Tune at 35 Hz or so.

Your right, if it's not doubled it's not cool. I need to put an ns-1 to each sub at 1 ohm :lol:

Archived