Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Center Slot Port Question


rhedreen

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am building a box for 2x P3D4-15s. The vent port is in the middle of the box between the subs and shares the port space from front to back (15.5" X 6.25" X 15.75" long) and then splits left/right(15.5" X 3.125" X 13.25" long) going to each sub chamber. I cannot find a definitive answer on if this is "ok" or if i should put a divider down the middle of the main port or just add a couple of 3" PVC curves to help channel the air out into the main port or just leave it alone. Thoughts?

Dirty White 05' Xterra


HU: Pioneer x9600bhs


Front: RF R400-4D

JL C5-075ct tweets

RF PPS4-8 mids


Subs: RF r1200-1d

RF P3D4-15 x2

Posted

I am building a box for 2x P3D4-15s. The vent port is in the middle of the box between the subs and shares the port space from front to back (15.5" X 6.25" X 15.75" long) and then splits left/right(15.5" X 3.125" X 13.25" long) going to each sub chamber. I cannot find a definitive answer on if this is "ok" or if i should put a divider down the middle of the main port or just add a couple of 3" PVC curves to help channel the air out into the main port or just leave it alone. Thoughts?

I may be totally wrong, but to my knowledge the divider is unnecessary, and the PVC would help airflow but is also not manditory.

Posted

If you haven't already started the box, I would put the port on the side and have the subs in one open space. Because what happens when you do this, is you get what is called the coupling effect. It is just more efficient for the subs to be in the same space. Just a suggestion... otherwise, no you won't need to divide the two chambers as long as the subs have the exact same phase. If they are hooked up to the same amp they will have the exact same phase

2002 Toyota Corolla


Pioneer DEH-80PRS


Soundqubed Q1-2200d


Soundqubed HDC3.118


Soundqubed Q4-120


Alpine SPR-60


Alpine SPR-60C

Posted

I am building a box for 2x P3D4-15s. The vent port is in the middle of the box between the subs and shares the port space from front to back (15.5" X 6.25" X 15.75" long) and then splits left/right(15.5" X 3.125" X 13.25" long) going to each sub chamber. I cannot find a definitive answer on if this is "ok" or if i should put a divider down the middle of the main port or just add a couple of 3" PVC curves to help channel the air out into the main port or just leave it alone. Thoughts?

If you are doing them, like this:

TPort-45s.jpg

Posted

Yep, almost identical to my box except I extended the left and right edges over the rear tirewells just to gain .66cu...ugh what a pain to fabricate. I am going to try it as is first and will slide a premade "V" into the middle to see the difference. Thanks everyone!

Dirty White 05' Xterra


HU: Pioneer x9600bhs


Front: RF R400-4D

JL C5-075ct tweets

RF PPS4-8 mids


Subs: RF r1200-1d

RF P3D4-15 x2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...