join with help building a 1000 dollar budget gaming pc

The only problem I have going with AMD right now is that they have not released another chipset since Q1 of 2011 for their motherboards, the only thing they have done is modify a CPU socket to work with the newer FX9000 CPU's that require a lot more power. Not saying they are bad, but all other companies are going for power efficiency while they just throw it out the door.

With that said... Looks like the OP is willing to buy used stuff. You can part together a bad ass rig with used parts. On the EVGA forums a guy is selling a HD7970 for $125 shipped. I've seen i5 2500K's for about $120 and Z68 motherboards for $70.

Once again, I strongly suggest eBay for a used AMD 290/290x for nothing. Payed $252 shipped for my 290 that works perfectly.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

My mining card is fine, is there anything that could be bad for a card that was used for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Lifespan. Most miners put as many cards and possible in a small space, and usually don't worry much about the heat.

I've heard of tons of cards taking a shit within a couple weeks of being bought by a second user. Just something to be careful of.

How many years are they supposed to work, how long does the average gamer keep a GPU?

My card was used for mining, but the person maintained the card's temperatures around 70C with my R9 290X. It's a solid card and destroys any game that I throw at it @ 1080p. I wouldn't worry about people mining with their cards as long as they didn't just let them cook at 95C over long periods of time.

You want to keep Intel/Nvidia together, or AMD/AMD Radeon together. They will run vica versa, but for best performance, keep manufacturers paired up.

I wouldn't recommend an i5.... The FASTEST i5 wouldn't hold a candle to even an 8320. Don't believe me? Check the benchmarks!

That shows that in several benchmarks, the most expensive i5 money can buy, including the 4960k, falls short of most AMD 8 cores. If you want Intel and want to better the 8320/8350, your only choice is an i7. A motherboard with Haswell support is going to cost you, as the i7 is. Now I will agree, most i7's will out perform the FX CPU's... But will you still be under your $1000 cap? Check that benchmark link I sent... It's very accurate and shows you an i5, is just a more expensive way to be not as fast lol.....

There's no reason to pair manufacturers together other than if you're a fan of one company or the other. AMD cards don't inherently run better with AMD CPU's. Intel chips don't pair better with Nvidia cards. There's no performance-based reason you can't mix and match.
That benchmark site is rubbish for comparing how CPU's will perform in gaming scenarios. That specific benchmark is designed to run fully multithreaded - it greatly prefers higher core counts over clock speeds and IPC. That's why the AMD 8-core keeps up so well with Intel's quad-core desktop chips; it has twice the cores. It's also why Intel's 10, 12, and 14-core Xeons blow everything out of the water even though those chips would suck in a gaming computer.
For a better comparison go take a look at Anandtech's Bench section of their website. You can compare two products head-to-head in specific benchmarks or even see a chart for how a range of products lines up for a specific benchmark. Here's a chart for a whole slew of CPU's running Battlefield 4 at 1080p max settings with a GTX 770: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/1107
You'll notice that even AMD's top-end FX-9590 (a 220W chip) is ranked below almost all of Intel's chips, including the 54W Core i3-4360 and the 35W Intel Core i7 4765T. The 4 intel 6-cores are slightly slower due to lower clock speeds but anyone buying a $600+ Intel chip is going to overclock it and blow the doors off everything else on the list.
If you are going to wait on a SSD, at least get a SATA 6Gb/s physical drive. A SATA II interface will slow even the most powerful CPU/GPU's down.

LOL wat? This guy is trying to play games. The only difference his hard drive is going to make is boot times for Windows and loading times for levels in games. By no means is any SATA II hard drive going to slow down his computer in games.

Lol yea, there's NO performance increase AT ALL with SATA III?...... Wow! If there were no gaming benefits, everyone would just spend $50 for a SATA II and call it a day. Level loads, boot time, and MUCH faster rendering. I would say spring for the SSD or at least a SATA III physical drive. And keeping AMD/AMD Intel/Nvidia IS very crucial, It's called red team/green team! The same AMD GPU will run better with an AMD CPU, than it would with an equal Intel CPU and vica versa! I have proven this many times, with the 100's of builds I have done, tested and sold! I used to think the same way, until I took a hardware class a few years back, lol. If need be, I will explain the technical and very boring, specific reasons WHY they are designed to be kept together.

As for the builds you recommended, they will be fine for what he is doing. A few of the benchmark utilities I have used are optimized for gaming performance and even with them, I have NEVER seen the over priced i5's touch the Vishera FX 8 cores. I have an FX-8350 and I am willing to bet if we both post our FPS on a certain game, mine is higher than the i5, every time! OP, don't worry about which CPU you buy, as anything above a good i5 will yield decent FPS. Get the R9-290x if you are going with AMD and get the GTX-970 if you are going with Intel. Just make sure the 970 is a 4GB version..... And comparing an i3 to an FX 8 core is just silly...... :roflmao:

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Archived