irvin productionz Posted October 8, 2014 Report Posted October 8, 2014 i have a RF t2 component set, but my tweeters just got stolen, dont know how they missed everthing else lol, and dont have a budget to get a new set of tweeters from RF my question is what tweeter would you recommend to use with the RF crossover. my budget would be $100. my vehicle is a silverado single cab. thanks
never knows best Posted October 8, 2014 Report Posted October 8, 2014 I would imagine if you called RF or got a hold of a dealer you could get a replacement set for around the $100 mark if not cheaper... otherwise, there are a ton of tweeters in that price range that would fit the bill-
Rich Schenk Posted October 8, 2014 Report Posted October 8, 2014 I would first call up Rockford see what they say on replacement ones like neverknowsbest said. I would get a better alarm for your car too man so you don't get jacked again. On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said: Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science... Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/ 2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/ 2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded
RainStryke Posted October 9, 2014 Report Posted October 9, 2014 I'd check these out: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68822_NVX-XSPTW.html
Miguels Posted October 9, 2014 Report Posted October 9, 2014 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P1T-S-1-Car-Tweeter-Kit-240-W-/201184476883?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item2ed7877ed3&vxp=mtr or you can buy the crescendo ones.. i got like 6 sets. they sound very good to my ear my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Deeznutz Posted October 14, 2014 Report Posted October 14, 2014 Here is my suggestion. Polk Audio DB1001 Tweeter. Silk Soft dome tweeters. $69.99 on Ebay. I was experimenting with lower end (i.e. Polk DB and Infinity Reference) component sets before settling back with RF stuff. I was able to get the exact same Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5 mids and crossovers for my gf's daughter's truck. I paired these tweeters up to the T2 crossover and was amazed by the difference in sound of the Polk tweeter. The Polk X-over just plain sucks. When I tried the Infinity Reference Aluminum tweeter and the T2 crossover, the Infinity were just as harsh as when I used the Infinity X-over. I just sold the Polk DB and Infinity Component sets on Ebay. We are using Old School RFR-14X Power Series Tweeters with the T2 X-over. I should have done some sort of comparison thread between the Polk DB, Infinity Reference, RF T2, Eclipse and Image Dynamic CX components before selling the ones mentioned. I would not mind having a spare set of DB silk tweeters to go with my spare Eclipse 8062 components I have. Just my .02 cents. -Frank
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.