2003 Ford Explorer, starting small, working my way up!

Lol, had to post this.... Single 15 is getting down and dirty! Busted the window/lock switch panel out of the door, right before my eyes @around 29Hz :) It was fine before, although I imagine something was weak because the passenger side is fine. Still, one 15 is doing destruction!!! 31_zpsbb33f570.jpg

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Dam looking good man.

Thanks!

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Nice bro! Always tuned into a fellow explorer build!

Hell yea! One of the best vehicles to build IMO! Do you have a build log? If so, I would love to check out another Explorer build! :)

Hell yea! One of the best vehicles to build IMO! Do you have a build log? If so, I would love to check out another Explorer build! :)

Yeah I do but I haven't gotten TOO much done yet, it is a budget build so kinda slow,I did just post pics of my 18" DC lvl 6 tonight tho!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183469-dionysuss-02-eddie-bauer-explorer-slow-budget-build-update-big-3-done-finally/?p=2726230#entry2726230

Looks sick so far.

Thanks man! Tryin my hardest with my budget, ya know.. lol

So I tore off all of the plastic on the back hatch, carefully of course lol. This has always been one of my weak points, not breaking the clips when I pull it apart. Much to my delight, I didn't break anything! :)

32_zpsc5ef2273.jpg

Factory temp. barrier.

33_zpsfca40551.jpg

Hatch was really dirty underneath, suggesting one or more of my seals aren't sealing properly. Will look that over...

34_zps0f7dcd02.jpg

35_zpsd1bc2fc4.jpg

Going to be a lot to cover up, definitely not the flat surface I was expecting.

36_zps0db9f306.jpg

41_zps8fd963eb.jpg

Window hatch.... Not much to it really, mostly glass. As you can see, the bass has done a number on the already cracked latch and it is now totally disconnected from the frame. I drove some screws through it to hold it together so it would stay shut, but it's not even close to sealed. When the lows hit, you can feel the air blowing around it, lol. I will be bolting this shut very tightly and sealing it with clear silicone.

40_zps752b51ab.jpg

Since the top window hatch is mostly glass and has almost no exposed surface area that isn't glass, I am simply going to put some deadener on the inside of the plastic trim.

39_zps897ecf46.jpg

Will post pics once I get it cleaned and deadened. Thinking of also putting some on the outer edges of the glass.

By the time I got the plastic off and the metal cleaned, the temperature was about 42 degrees F. Wayy too cold to work with deadener and kind of too cold for me to be working outside in general lol. So looking like 60 degrees tomorrow with all day sun, then I can park her in the sun and get to work! Doing both the outer and inner metal layers anyway, which will take some time and it was getting late. Took my left over time to start er up, get some heat and flush mount my voltage meter.

IMG_0785_zpsf3ee3bd9.jpg

IMG_0784_zps73cfd6a7.jpg

14.4 with no subs running, headlights on. Stays at around 14.7 while driving without lights on and 13.8-13.9 at full tilt, lights on. Was pleasantly surprised with my voltages! :)

IMG_0788_zps7860b461.jpg

There is a small metal tab behind the meter that stops it from clipping all the way in. As you can see, the top right is out just a little bit. Will bend the tab slightly, tuck the parking brake and meter wires in better and clean my dirty console tomorrow lol.

Archived