2003 Ford Explorer, starting small, working my way up!

Nice bro gettin alot done!

Tryin! Wish a suitcase with $1,000,000 would land on my car so I could replace it all with DC though, lol

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Me too LOL! I want to get a recone and get a bigger amp already!!!

Thanks guys! Just ordered a bunch of stuff so once that's here, probably Monday, will have more pics :) Getting my electrical and components squared away, then getting a new amp myself, with another 15....

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

So about 99% sure someone stole my RF passive crossovers and RF Punch Pro tweeters, wtf! At this point, I am not willing to spend $150 on exact replacements when I already bought them once! So Audiopipe Pro bullets and Audiopipe X-overs it is!!! Don't care what anyone thinks of AP, they are a solid company IMO and the tweets and x-overs will just have to do!

Just read thru your whoe build log. Looking good man. do you have any more pics of how you fixed that back glass? Have similar truck 00 mountaineer and that glass flexes like a mofo.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

www.

Just read thru your whoe build log. Looking good man. do you have any more pics of how you fixed that back glass? Have similar truck 00 mountaineer and that glass flexes like a mofo.

Thanks man, tryin my best lol! I can take some close ups of what I did with the back glass tomorrow.... Basically, I just drilled holes in the bottom hatch, where the window and bottom hatch meet and drove some screws with washers into them. The washers are large enough to cover the window part and the more I tighten it, the tighter it draws it down. The screws I used are kind of small and after about two days of constant pounding, they loosen up a tiny bit. Before I did this, the window rattled like hell and I could feel air blowing around the seals lol. Now, as long as the screws are tight, there is no rattle and no air escaping. Changing the screws out with some thicker ones tomorrow so I will take some pics when I am done. If you don't use the window part, like me.... it's a cheap, effective way of fixing the rattle. If you're pushing a lot of air at that back hatch, the latch on the window may break all together like mine and not stay closed at all eventually. Of course, mine was cracked slightly before I started....

So I decided to go with the 8" port, as the port calculator required 7.75" minimum diameter and 47.12" of port area minimum. I had a 4" diameter and 25" of port area before, half of what the calculator says I need. Killed me to do so, but I took out the 4" ports, blocked one hole off and cut into my pretty box :/ I don't mind sacrificing some appearance to gain some more lows, so I had to try it. Port needed to be 26" long!! My box depth is only like 24", so I had to leave some sticking out of the box, quite a lot to leave room behind the port inside the box. Used a $4.75 section of sono tube and wrapped that with some dampening mat for density, no flares on the port.

71_zps46449d51.jpg
Didn't install posts and run the speaker wires inside the box yet, as I am not 100% sure I am leaving in inverted.
72_zps38001d7c.jpg
73_zps38321fe7.jpg
Port is friggin huge!! Maybe too huge... :/

Archived