Second Skin Audio

3 subs

You could run the 15s on your current amp for a while and still be louder than with your current setup given that the new box is efficient, the only way to know absolute SPL is with a meter, you would need to get metered now and then after the upgrades, having said that, you will notice a difference right away, more so if you manage to source 2K. Further gains can be achieved if you fire forward sealing off, output is very dependent on box design and general setup, for example if you start deadening flexing surfaces you get to gain even more is just that it costs a lot.

Fire forward meaning towards the interior of the car I've tried that with my current subs and it a not as loud I need to do some deadening my trunk rattles alot

Sealing off solves that problem without deadening AND increases output, will your rear seats fold down?

It sounds like the subs are bottoming out when I face them this way why does it sound like this I really think it's the box I think I want to build a new box would anyone be willing to draw me up one or give me a good idea for one I wanna make sure the volume and tuning is right I wanna face the subs in but with this box it sounds bad

I think the box is just poorly built it doesn't have the wood in the corners like you have in the drawing and I'm pretty sure it was just thrown together real fast it does sound ok at low volumes facing inside the car but you turn it up and it just sounds bad it doesn't hit the lows good at all compared to facing towards the back of the car the port hight is 15 the width is 4 the first length is 13 the second is hard to measure it looks like 4

Archived