juan777 Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 So I have a question, not a vs thread since we are talking about same brand but I am thinking way ahead of even my next build. I am planning to do a flat wall with 4 HDC418s in my Tahoe, I was playing around with cone area hypotheticals and thought for my next build I should do a 4th order with 16 HDS15s. Both setups on the same power: 2 BC5500D That being said, what are the pros and cons of this? This does not have to be about the subs I listed, I mean generally what are the pros and cons of having 4 top of the line 18s vs 16 budget 15s from the same provider? The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
juan777 Posted October 15, 2014 Author Report Posted October 15, 2014 Yes The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 A 4th for 16 15's would have to be huge you got the airspace for that? And this is still a vs thread. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
juan777 Posted October 15, 2014 Author Report Posted October 15, 2014 A 4th for 16 15's would have to be huge you got the airspace for that? And this is still a vs thread. It's more of a physics and setup question. I have a Tahoe but once again this is hypothetical. Just wanna hear the pros and cons from you guys The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
loganbyers07 Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 i dont even have room for a propper 6th for 8 15's in my burban without doing a bpillar wall. I would go 6 15's or 418's
juan777 Posted October 15, 2014 Author Report Posted October 15, 2014 i dont even have room for a propper 6th for 8 15's in my burban without doing a bpillar wall. I would go 6 15's or 418's Once again it's a hypothetical. If it helps let's say 4 18s vs 8 15s The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
SQL50 Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 He's asking for pros and cons within the same brand.. so technically you can call it a vs thread within the same brand, but brand bashing between multiple brands is what I'd consider against the rules.. let it ride..
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 Why even worry about it hypothetically unless you have the airspace? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 He's asking for pros and cons within the same brand.. so technically you can call it a vs thread within the same brand, but brand bashing between multiple brands is what I'd consider against the rules.. let it ride.. But yet neither you or I make the rules and this is definitely considered a vs thread according to said rules. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.