Got it in playing just to test and let it break in a bit.

Stock mids/highs (20 year old speakers!)

I still have to remove the backseat leather and then bolt the box down and DD1 the amp.

I will be glassing enclosures for my Alpines and installing the Pioneer components up front later.

Please note: each sub is super underpowered receiving AT MAX half their RMS at like 250-300w.

Box has to be finished still. I have what I think is a small hole from a screw that was left unpatched. At times when the bass is minimal, it sounds like a whistle. That wouldn't be coils would it?

No love.

Show some love for my cat you heartless people.

aFAAUjJ.jpg

Got my graphics in! Fast shipping and great customer service! http://www.fullintensitygrafx.com/

YOismSL.jpg

On the left is the stock speaker and the right is my Pioneer.

54Fj6gi.jpg

Dat magnet difference...

The screw holes didn't line up by far so... I guess I get to make some enclosures!

This was behind the initial speaker so I ripped it out and cut the back out. It was a hard plastic back.

2rcQYZN.jpg

First time doing pods.

us9hUEI.jpg

c8Psnc8.jpg

Rmul3JV.jpg

I am thinking one or two more layers.

Once I am finished with it, everything will be plug n play!

I have also fixed that whistle.

So maybe you heard in my last video that I had a high pitched whistle when there was only minor bass.
I took tape and covered anywhere the holes may of been so I started playing at low volume to replicate the whistle while slowly removing the pieces of tape to see where the whistle was coming from. It ended up coming from a screw hole where the subwoofer gets mounted to the box. I took the subs off and put nice 3/16" weather stripping foam tape underneath it to prevent any air leaks! Slowly breaking in the subs too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived