Somebackground about my experience with car audio...

I started my first build with a Renegade 550 amp with an Alpine Type S 12" in a sealed prefab. I had that rolling in a 1997 Taurus Wagon (v6 3600!). I later installed Alpine door speakers to complete my my car.

I later sold the Type S and prefab and was out of bass for awhile!

When I got the funds together, I got an Infinity 12" with a shitty amp for the sole purpose of flipping it. I was able to make a $100 profit on craigslist! I used that money to get 2 HiFonics Brutus 1000.1d and 2 JBL GT15. I was building a box of ~5 cubes when I got an offer for the subs so I sold those too lol.

Some kid from my school broke his leg so decided he would sell his subs (I have no clue how that had any relevance lol). I picked up 4 Memphis Audio 10" in a ported box. I threw them on my HiFonics and each was getting like 300w overpowered.

Then my luck started to change. The crankshaft in my engine broke and shredded nearly everything possible. I scrapped that car and sold my audio. I picked up a 1995 C220 this past summer. About a month later the car overheated and friend the engine. So now a car engine later, some ass cuts me off and slams on his break and I rearended him. He comes out wanting to fight so I stood up and he realized I am like 8" taller lol. He told me I shouldnt of had my blinker on for more than 2 blocks. Seriously. So now I finally got my funding together and the build can start :)

Last night went out to cut some wood and ran out of light way faster than I thought I would.

0fCtQ6b.jpg

XYLh2lT.jpg

sY3sq32.jpg

And:

d3818489b648ae1921c7f7de8456f35b.png

Pictures of that fun stuff tonight :)

Lets get crackin!

6qtSORZ.jpg

I got the Ryobi package where it has a jig and a circle saw. Helps a lot!

Je3oQOa.jpg

Rg9o0mQ.jpg

I have a router but no table or circle jig yet

fZdChR8.jpg

Test fit:

NgOhpF4.jpg

Good sized subwoofer for the price!

BSj5Oox.jpg

Quick and cheap amp rack. Will eventually make a nicer one once my other amps and batts come in.

auzBoQ4.jpg

1WrP5rh.jpg

RRHzNFS.jpg

(Ill be adding the 4th port piece later when I get the 4" wood screws needed.

VQAuIqr.jpg

Uw5ljRJ.jpg

PRrcmH2.jpg

Th9qWgj.jpg

With a base coat on testing the fit:

0iQusNi.jpg

To do:

Wire up my pioneer 3 way for the front doors then make small enclosures for the alpine components I have in the back.

Finish painting

Run the wire

Regular body filler will work, if you can get your hands on a router to round the port and edges of box it will help on looks & performance.

Newsubenclosure2014009_zps9c254d63.jpg

newsubenclosure2014002_zps9cf110d5.jpg

newsubenclosure2014003_zps4e8f9596.jpg

newsubenclosure2014004_zpsc3aed7ef.jpg

newsubenclosure2014002_zpsd45c026b.jpg

newenclosure2014001_zpsfa1bad85.jpg

Subupgrade2014009_zpsd0627ca2.jpg

Subupgrade2014012_zps7ad3a8c4.jpg

Just sharing what i did to help seal it up and make it look a bit nicer. All port wall inside the box are router'd out with rounded corners also. This is a Joe X design for my small ass Lancer trunk. 10s are on 2K.

Regular body filler will work, if you can get your hands on a router to round the port and edges of box it will help on looks & performance.

Newsubenclosure2014009_zps9c254d63.jpg

newsubenclosure2014002_zps9cf110d5.jpg

newsubenclosure2014003_zps4e8f9596.jpg

newsubenclosure2014004_zpsc3aed7ef.jpg

newsubenclosure2014002_zpsd45c026b.jpg

newenclosure2014001_zpsfa1bad85.jpg

Subupgrade2014009_zpsd0627ca2.jpg

Subupgrade2014012_zps7ad3a8c4.jpg

Just sharing what i did to help seal it up and make it look a bit nicer. All port wall inside the box are router'd out with rounded corners also. This is a Joe X design for my small ass Lancer trunk. 10s are on 2K.

I have a router but no table lol. Thanks for the pics!

Picked up a Renegade amp kit since there wasn't any RockFord kits left. I'll upgrade later. I have to say I am impressed with the Renegade quality. I bought a 4 gauge kit for my buddy about 6 months ago and the quality has went up dramatically since then!

Picking up:

Chop mat

Fiberglass mix

Some bolts and ish for the wire kit.

I'll be playing by tomorrow! I got to install some shit but w/e!

Working on my foot plate/amp rack for the back floor :)

The amplifier will be cut out and elevated some more so the wires can be ran underneath it. My goal is to eventually make a merge panel that goes from the foot plate to the bottom of the box and make it all look like one piece.

*Pics are uploading*

Also ordered 2 decals from http://www.fullintensitygrafx.com/

d66d135fce4b6c8c07615e34afa57b41.png

The highs and mids I will be running for now are:

Alpine SPS-517

Pioneer TS-A1675R. These pioneers are impressing me so far. Very sturdy!

They will be running off of the HU until I can get a RF 250.4 to power them.

Archived