Second Skin Audio

better choice 2 12s or 1 15

greg4510

Hey guys i have a 93 camry and looking for some quality bass. For max space i have 16h 39w 20d. I only have 20"deep because i still want to at least be able to fit my golf bag in the back. I have a kicker zx650.4 on 2 pioneer component sets. For sub power i have a kicker zx1500.1 at 2ohms. My question is which would be better 2 12s in a ported box tuned at about 36-40 hz or 1 15 in a ported box tuned to about 32-34 hz? Looking for any good input thanks

Nice like cars, My son had a 94 XLE and we put a Infinity speaker and amp set up in it. Doors had Infinity comps and rear deck had had 6x9s off a Infinity 4 ch amp. Subs where RF P2D412s in RF box firing into the cab but not sealed off. Running off a Infinity mono amp. It got pretty loud and with a better amp could have gotten louder. Fun cars for builds IMO.

At 16" H you may not be able to fit a 15" facing forward/backward. You do NOT want to have it facing up. So that might make it an easy choice, go with the two 12"s.

Two 12"s has more cone area anyway.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

What's your budget?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I know SQ is very budget friendly and sound pretty good doing it. I run 2 HDS310's on 2k and think for the price they do a great job. I had a T1D212 before that but my box was tuned to high so i rebuilt an enlcosure to run these and fire them into the cab instead of the trunk.

Subupgrade2014012_zps7ad3a8c4.jpg

SQHDS310sampohmwiringdiagrams007_zps3339

HDS310wiring004_zps8c81b250.jpg

HDS310wiring007_zps17f822b4.jpg

When i wired sub up i took apart push pin terminals and wired into the bolts for a cleaner look and to be able to run 12 wag RF wires. Push pin terminals wouldnt allow 2 12 awg wires inside of it.

I dont know much about the other brands your looking at but i do like to share what i know on brands i have used. This enclosure is small 3.2 cu ft i think tuned @ 36 and still have a bit of room in the trunk. But it is a small ass trunk to begin with.

Subupgrade2014005_zps52b5aeb7.jpg

I have a pair of the HDS312's. They are pretty crazy... almost too much on just 1200w.

Here is a decent deal:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_66619_Kicker-40CWR124-CWR124.html

If you want to stick to Kicker for your subs. Those are nice in a good box. They are also on sale too, $120 per sub if you use the promo code BLUE20.

Archived