Jump to content

RE Audio XXX6.5C 6.5”


Hotdog

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone had any experience with these or actually heard them in person. I am wanting your thoughts on them.

Posted

Great midbass, great highs, midrange, like vocals and around that freq. range, is kind of lacking. Super loud though. Take just about as much power as you want to throw at them. Definitely harder to mount than a standard comp set because of the size.

Posted

I really didn't think so. Maybe if you ran the 6.5 in a sealed door pod? The ones I ran were free air with the front and rear waves separated by the door panel.

And also the xovers are huge if you plan on using them.

Posted

I own a set and after using them I won't be buying anything else but them for all my builds, I have mine on a RF T600.2 at 2ohms per ch so around 398 according to the amps birth sheet, the drivers take that much power just fine and will play for days the xovers however will not take too much more then rated power before the capacitors on the board start to pop.

Posted

Already popped all the capacitors in crossovers the speakers are killer capacitors suck! And they are filled with cardboard stuffing!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

Already popped all the capacitors in crossovers the speakers are killer capacitors suck! And they are filled with cardboard stuffing!!!

How much power were you giving them?

Posted

Already popped all the capacitors in crossovers the speakers are killer capacitors suck! And they are filled with cardboard stuffing!!!

You too, I went thru the first set and when they went I lost all output, got a new pair under warranty and popped those about a month later but they still play perfectly?

Posted
Double post[/quote

the smell of burning paper!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1141 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...