Battery Bank Wiring Diagram (Thoughts?)

You should fuse for your current demands/ capabilities without exceeding the wire current carrying capabilities no reason to fuse any higher. What's the point in fusing the run for 300 amps if you're only drawing 100 amps through it?

This is what I was getting at with my example above. My last setup, I had a 3k amp running off of a stock alt and two batts (1 group 31). I had 1/0 fused at 300 amps. Now, was I pulling 300 amps with that setup? Hell no. So if there was a short with the current running through that line, it would have to be large enough to pop that fuse. Let's say I was only pulling 150 amps through that wire. Even though that wire has the capability to pull 300 amps, wouldn't it be better to fuse it at 175 or maybe 200 so if there was a short, the fuse would go immediately possibly preventing any damage to equipment?

Yep you got the idea, you want to fuse as low as you can so if your current demand was 150 amps you could try starting with a 150 or even a 125 amp fuse and if that go's move up a little.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That also works! you certainly won't damage anything, except maybe some fuses by fusing low.

that being said, I wouldn't count on a fuse saving equipment either. It won't always work.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived