Battery Bank Wiring Diagram (Thoughts?)

This is going to be my first "big" battery bank.

Going to have 3 runs of neg and pos from front to back.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t658/magillaru/E3F980D3-E9F4-43A1-B854-53BED08F6BB9_zpsgyto4hru.jpg

Questions:

1. Should I fuse between each battery?

2. Should I ground the last battery in the group (before the amp) to the ground/chassis or will I be okay since I have the 3 runs from the front?

Any other input/suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

IMHO no fuses between rear batteries. As for the other question someone that knows more than me can answer. I've always just grounded the front battery and rear battery/batteries to the chassis and only run a positive wire....but I'm sure someone will tell me I'm probably wrong haha.

Fusing between the batteries really depends on how close the batteries are to each other. If they are right next to each other, resulting in a wire that is only a few inches long connecting them it would just overly complicate wiring and present more problems than it solves to try and put fuses between each one. If your batteries are on opposite sides of the vehicle then I would absolutely fuse between them.

If you are running 3 dedicated grounds to the back that is all you need. With that much amp you probably won't benefit from a chassis ground anyway.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

IMHO no fuses between rear batteries. As for the other question someone that knows more than me can answer. I've always just grounded the front battery and rear battery/batteries to the chassis and only run a positive wire....but I'm sure someone will tell me I'm probably wrong haha.

That's what I did when I was only running one battery in the back but from what I understand, it's better to run the multiple runs from the front vs grounding to the chassis with this kind of power. There's a video somewhere on here with D'Amore engineering shedding some light on this topic....

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

That's what I did when I was only running one battery in the back but from what I understand, it's better to run the multiple runs from the front vs grounding to the chassis with this kind of power. There's a video somewhere on here with D'Amore engineering shedding some light on this topic....

Sweet man. Good to know. So what I took from your post is that chassis grounding has it's limits and the more power you have it starts becoming necessary to run physical wire's rather than grounding to the chassis?

great set up, my question is in the drawing is that set of fuse necessary since you have a set near the front battery, just asking cause i never seen that before ........ and yes ground to chassis it wouldn't hurtc25d60fc-f89c-4974-a7fc-95475480c538_zps

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Based on that video where they tested this theory, yes. I'll see if I can find a link.

My overall experience with this is very limited compared to the other members on here but that's my understanding of it.

Here it is: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147995-ground-to-the-chassis-or-run-a-ground-cable-ce-auto-electric-supply-partners-with-damore-engineering-to-answer-video-on-pg-5/

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

great set up, my question is in the drawing is that set of fuse necessary since you have a set near the front battery, just asking cause i never seen that before ........ and yes ground to chassis it wouldn't hurtc25d60fc-f89c-4974-a7fc-95475480c538_zps

That's how I had it with my previous setup (with only one battery).

If it's not needed, hopefully someone can confirm this.....would save me some money and time on fuse blocks and lugs!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived