3-Way component set

reedal

ok, but my sub amp crossover is set ~80Hz (used test tone to find where 80Hz cuts out) that focal set crossover say 300HZ to 4kHz, so what about the in between? I'm all for buying a more powerful amp, seeing as i dont have a mids/highs amp yet. Seems like orion and brassard assumed i did(sorry for the confusion). that was just one i found for a good price. I'm looking for 3-way(midbass from at least 80 Hz, midrange, and tweets) passive, but if a passive crossover wont go that low then i'll deal until i buy 80prs or other active HU.

i dont want PA. I want loud enough to hear with the sub stage (50+watts) but i want at least a little quality too, and im not sure that PA has the quality equal to the volume. I can hear the mids/highs with stock, but not as clear/loud enough as i'd like with my substage. I guess maybe 3-way might be too much for my $500 max budget. i want something that can take it from 80Hz and up passively, preferably 3-way, but 2-way is good too, and maybe one day change from passive to active. Not trying to go too crazy on the budget do to saving for my wedding too

ok, disreguarding my last post, that focal 3-way set will cover my 80Hz and up requests with the passive crossover that comes with?

Ok but i thought if it's a passive crossover it's already setup to cutout below/above the frequencies it lists (under 300Hz and above 4kHz)

Are you in san diego/close to currently orion? because im here for C school currently and would love hear something of yours if i can.

Im in Temecula, probably a little over an hour north of you off the I-15. I've got no amps right now though, otherwise Id be happy to demo my active Hertz Hi-Energys.

How long will you be in school? I may pay off my amps in the next couple days, meaning Id see them within the next two weeks.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I'll be in San diego until December 1, i fly to my ship in norfolk December 2.

So the 6.5 of the focal cover the 80 Hz and up midbass? The 4inch covers the treble/midrange frequencies (probably up to 2.5kHz) and the tweets cover the rest up to 4kHz? It says 300Hz to 4kHz in the description, so I'm just trying to get an idea of what I can expect From that component set

Seriously considering this set up for myself....passive in my daily. Set it and forget it...

Thanks for this thread...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived