Second Skin Audio

Box Rattle

Let's summarize:

My box top isn't glued on and I have no bracing.

Well glue your box top on and add bracing.

I don't wanna. Please help.

Did I get it right?

If the panel has a vibration in the field (not around the edges) then the proper solution is preventing that vibration by transferring load by tension onto other panels (cross bracing) mass loading like asphalt sheets will make the panel heavier which will make it transfer slightly less energy but a bit of two by four is cheaper and more effective. Sounds like your box has some fundamental problems not addressed by the double baffle, namely poor internal structure and a lack of glue?

ShadowStar

Let's summarize:

Did I get it right?

If the panel has a vibration in the field (not around the edges) then the proper solution is preventing that vibration by transferring load by tension onto other panels (cross bracing) mass loading like asphalt sheets will make the panel heavier which will make it transfer slightly less energy but a bit of two by four is cheaper and more effective. Sounds like your box has some fundamental problems not addressed by the double baffle, namely poor internal structure and a lack of glue?

ShadowStar

Obviously you can't read then because I never said I wasn't going to do those things... Since I didn't make it clear the first 4 times, I will say it again... The ONLY reason the top of my box isn't glued down, is because I was unsure if I'd need to add bracing or fiberglass or whatever else I may need. This does not mean that it won't be glued down ever.. When I complete my box entirely of course I will glue it down, I am not stupid. I will post pics when I get the chance, so probably tomorrow. So then, the people with some sense can help me out.

Let's summarize:

Did I get it right?

ShadowStar

Obviously you can't read then because I never said I wasn't going to do those things... Since I didn't make it clear the first 4 times, I will say it again... The ONLY reason the top of my box isn't glued down, is because I was unsure if I'd need to add bracing or fiberglass or whatever else I may need. This does not mean that it won't be glued down ever.. When I complete my box entirely of course I will glue it down, I am not stupid. I will post pics when I get the chance, so probably tomorrow. So then, the people with some sense can help me out.

read this as though morgan freeman is speaking it, if you read it like samual jackson is reading it you will be pissed.

well, pre-drill all your screw holes. screw it all down properly and see what it does. If you still have issues then go from there. What you are describing though sounds like you cut one board a touch to big or small. Myself and others know this cause we know that sound and what causes it.

We would rather not just say "hey, lern2cutnoob" and we would like pictures because a picture is worth a thousand words. So take a pic of the inside of the box. lay the top on and take a pic from the front of the box too. maybe even the sides and back. More is better.

We cant help more if you dont provide all the info we need to help though

Archived