Daytona Spring Break Nationals 2008

Hey guys I am at the Daytona SBN right now. It is Saturday night. My head has been rocked today by lil jons 18 15" AA Chaos in a sealed clamshell with 2 partial dividers and 9 Clarion 1500 rms amps.

lil jon said he's getting about 800rms per and his installer big mikey says each sub has 2.5 cubes. Chris a builder at Fi/AA explained to me that the AA lineup is thir retailer line (avail to dealers) and that each sub is exactly comparable to the Fi lineup.

The Chaos that lil jon are running are in fact an SSD w/ the copper coil options. The rest of the lineup is in AA is the Fi equiivalent with all options. SO the Mayhem is a BTL fully loaded triple mag with daily option. If you want to order options specific woofers than you must order the Fi lineup. If you order an AA subwoofer (Havoc) you are getting a Fi Q w/ all the options. Pretty cool actually cuz now the AA is the flagship cadillac optioned Fi sub w/ all options. Again if you wanted to not have cooling on a sub than you would order a Fi version.

Or if you just like the Fi logo better obviously get the Fi's

The only big difference right now besides the logo is the newly introduced Havoc (Q loaded) has the appearance of a W7 "concaved with no outtie dust cover" and the Q still has the reg shaped cone and dust cover.

Loading vids slowly I'll try to get them up later tonight. Must go have drink now--Peace

BTW Sound is amazing. Plays all the notes,Let me say that again ALL THE NOTES and is the best thing I've personally witnessed in 14 years. Chaos I mean SSD,s I mean Chaos are the chit. I am truly impressed with the BTL as far as impressing people but I would think I would only suggest that to a customer who can only fit one sub or two subs and have the power to run them. The BTL certainly Bangs hard but the SSDs just sound way more natural and smoother. The BTL has way better SQ than it's comparable SPL type of competitors and doesn't have the aweful "motor" sound that so many SPL specific woofers have. But the SSD seems to be a much better sounding subs and if you need more than 4 will definately get the job done right and cost a lot less while doing it. I mean Chaos hehe.

Your boy on the East Coast Joe Rod

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/Ro...nt=MVI_0169.flv

Edited by ronrico418
Unity.jpgexplosion-1.gif

Definately is a sweet van. Jon lives about 5 mins away from me... Good dude. Its always fun driving down to Big Mikes shop and blasting the hell out of it. :lol:

Also, keep in mind what you heard was inside when he had to keep turning it down every 10 seconds not to get yelled at.... And also the car was off. When its on and charging it will play all day long at levels even a little louder than what you were hearing at SBN.

Edited by galacticmonkey

that shit was nuts !!!!11one!! blowing around that curtain like that :o just being inside i got a headache

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

that is CLEAN

and they do look lyke Fis

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

Definately is a sweet van. Jon lives about 5 mins away from me... Good dude. Its always fun driving down to Big Mikes shop and blasting the hell out of it. :lol:

Also, keep in mind what you heard was inside when he had to keep turning it down every 10 seconds not to get yelled at.... And also the car was off. When its on and charging it will play all day long at levels even a little louder than what you were hearing at SBN.

Thia is true and I can't count how many times his voltage was reading in the 10s all weekend!!!

Unity.jpgexplosion-1.gif