gen 2 dodge viper res freq?

sinful7

You are correct, I have had people ask "why a stereo in that car" the exhast is killer I run a full borla system and bellanger headers :) I simply say Im bored and I love audio.. I just want better than the factory stuff and if im going to do it, I want to do it right not something how would you say "halfassed" Lets put a kick ass system in a kick ass car is my motto.. ill have days where its off and ill listen to the engine, and other days ill want to hear the music..

I plan to port mine however.. Glad to hear you loved it, and I would suspect I will love mine!! If you find pics please post! Id love to see it!

no more guesses guys? and can anyone help me figure out what to do with the port once I find the peak freq? what the next steps would be?

Would it be of benefit to start with a removable port and keep trying diffierent combos till i hit the best? then build the final box to match whatever was the loudest on the meter?? But start out at the peak freq?

If you want to make a guess, measure the vehicle interior corner to corner (trunk to windshield where the meter sits). Divide by the speed of sound and divide by 2. That's your half-wave and what should be loudest.

In addition to low power sweep it's well worth testing each tone at FULL POWER a fair range around where you think your peak is. Often times what's loudest on low power isn't loudest wide open.

As far as tuning the box you should use some box design software to model the subs you use. Some subs will peak pretty much right at tuning and some will peak quite a bit higher than tuning.

You will never compete seriously without owning an SPL meter. Read the "spl gains" thread here for some ideas of how to gain really big a little at a time with some testing and small changes.

no more guesses guys? and can anyone help me figure out what to do with the port once I find the peak freq? what the next steps would be?

Would it be of benefit to start with a removable port and keep trying diffierent combos till i hit the best? then build the final box to match whatever was the loudest on the meter?? But start out at the peak freq?

If you want to make a guess, measure the vehicle interior corner to corner (trunk to windshield where the meter sits). Divide by the speed of sound and divide by 2. That's your half-wave and what should be loudest.

Measure in inches? Feet? Meters?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Measure in inches? Feet? Meters?

Doesn't matter so long as you use the same unit denominator in your speed of sound. ie. if you meausre in feet use the FPS speed of sound, if you measure in meters use meters per second speed of sound.

That method is often quite accurate.

excellent information.. and yes this one will be for burps only.. but at the same ill swap out boxes as this will only be used for a few shows just to have fun.. most of the time ill have something much more musical in my car with a 30-33hz tune box pending which sub I use.. the 13w7 or the 12" type x

Archived