First Big Build: F150, 2 Fi Team 15s, AB 1100.1, Singer Alt and More

Looks awesome. See, I told you it would be a noticeable change! The small gaps will improve things as well, but not as much as you have already done obviously.

Gaps on the sides aren't that big but definitely significant and where the amp starts and down to the floor, I'd say there's a good 10" x 15" space on both sides that still needs to be filled in so there's definitely a good amount of air that's still getting pushed back.

AD24946C-9931-4438-AAAD-3B288C4C4FBF_zps

Don't mind the spacing between some of the pieces......tried to make them as flush as possible but considering everything was cut with a circular saw without a guide including the angles on that piece up top, which was a PAIN IN THE ASS, I think it came out pretty good. Everything is going to get filled in anyway so it won't matter.....not sure with what.....will probably end up using bondo and then painting over.....didn't want to deal with the mess but that will probably be my best option.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Interesting how quickly this became a wall haha

A plexi top panel would be awesome though; wall with visibility!

Never thought of this. That would actually be pretty cool.

Never thought of this. That would actually be pretty cool.

The plexi would be between the two supporting 2x4s which would be perfect for my rear view mirror (checked it before I put the panel up). The only thing I'm hesitant about is right now you can't see anything through the back windows form outside but if I put the plexi in, I'll have to make the backside of the wall look somewhat decent. Once there's light going through, the inside becomes somewhat visible with the tint that's on there now.

:shrug:

I'm gonna get the side panels done and then figure out what I want to do.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Also found out that my voltage meter (MT Audio Universal Bass Knob) is reading .4 volts lower than what it actually is which is pretty awesome......an extra .4 at full tilt is a lot!

LOL

Anyone know if there's a way to calibrate this thing?

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Got the sides covered.....only thing that's left is getting the bottom corners closed up and sealing all the seams (then it's paint and possibly a plexi piece for the rear window).....just getting these sides made a very noticeable difference.

D164DCC9-F813-4AC4-BC30-7BAAAACCD000_zps

C80FD4A4-0B0A-49F7-92F3-8CCF5063DDDD_zps

And this is why we can't have nice things......

CA42818E-A24C-438A-BDF7-68979E9E8E91_zps

....damn thing fell and hit me in the head while I was driving lol

5E458330-71C2-4AE9-B943-AADB007AED46_zps

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived