Jump to content

Finally built my 4th order!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just checking out how the port lines up with the air guide. Great success! lol.

CAM01296-1_zps2d1179c7.jpg

Then I started priming the port.

CAM01307_zps7636c2bd.jpg

of course the box got the same treatment.

CAM01309_zps10cd6717.jpg

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

I hit it with a couple coats of black once the primer dried. I wanted to resin the inside of the box, but I have a wife and 3 daughters, so money's on the tight side. Hopefully I can go back in later on and put some resin down to strengthen it up.

CAM01310_zpse3e4d8e0.jpg

CAM01311_zpsf7e7220a.jpg

Drilled out and got my terminal bolts in.

CAM01312_zps8ff5fda6.jpg

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

I put the final panel on, and once everything dried, I went back in and sealed the whole thing off. Didn't want to have to open it back up because of leaks.

CAM01316_zps5f475664.jpg

I had a speaker grill laying around, and decided to cut it down and use it for the panels next to the port.

CAM01318_zpsd238b0f5.jpg

Lining up the side panels.

CAM01321-1_zpsdf3ad310.jpg

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

I put some weather strip on the edge of the port so it's air tight.

CAM01323_zpsf1b3900d.jpg

Then I loaded my subs.

CAM01325_zps79e2c442.jpg

After screwing on the grill pieces, which are strictly for looks, I decided to give the box a test run while I still had it open, just in case I need to address any air leaks. I have a Crest CPX3800 that I use to test, which is more than enough power to push a couple of subs.

CAM01334_zps4084fb15.jpg

Even without the port on, I Like what I'm hearing!

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

I got the port on. It's not the prettiest box in the world, but even just testing it in my basement, I can tell that it's a major improvement from my previous enclosure.

PSX_20140925_190948_zps21f9e919.jpg

CAM01338_zpsed2d408c.jpg

Samson approves!! lol

CAM01348_zps527d73ef.jpg

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

After giving it a good test run in my truck, which yielded excellent results, I pulled it out and decided to give it a little something cause let's face it, it just looked boring. So I taped the edges and gave the box a couple coats of black.

CAM01367_zps216596d8.jpg

I pulled the tape off once everything was dry, and I give the edges a quick clear coat. I've always liked the look of black against natural wood.

CAM01369_zpsa5549174.jpg

Well, that's it for now. I should have a video up by this weekend. Stay tuned.

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

Nicely done. Took your time and did it right.

Are you doing that work in the basement of the brownstone in your sig pic? Hope it's a single family unit, or you have a good relationship with your neighbors.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

Oh, and just to give some info on the enclosure, it's a 2:1 ratio. The box is 1.25ft^3 sealed per side with a common 3.75ft^3 ported chamber tuned to 48hz. The subs are JBL P1222, dual 2 ohm coils.

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

Oh, and just to give some info on the enclosure, it's a 2:1 ratio. The box is 1.25ft^3 sealed per side with a common 3.75ft^3 ported chamber tuned to 48hz. The subs are JBL P1222, dual 2 ohm coils.

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3329 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...