Sonic Electronix

HELP! Tearing out my hair trying to figure this out!!

So for my mids & highs.... I'm running factory amp ---> Scosche SLC-4 ---> JL g6600 ---> MB Quart speakers.

One of my channels (front right channel) went out. So I began troubleshooting......

-I started off with the speakers: Took them out and hooked them up directly to the amp for testing. THEY WORKED! So I put them back

-I assumed it was the RCA signal: swapped them around for the amp, THEY WORKED TOO! So I put those back

-I assumed it was the wiring between the JL g6600 and the speaker..... Took a multi-meter, put it on OHM setting, and checked, it read 4 ohms directly at the amplifier, and directly at the speaker.

What could be wrong?!?!

When you took your speaker out to test, did you hook it directly up to the channel on the amp that isn't working?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

When you took your speaker out to test, did you hook it directly up to the channel on the amp that isn't working?

Yeap, the channel's indeed working too, which is what's got me stumped.

Are you using the stock speaker wires from the factory amp on the JL amp?

I'm using the stock speaker wires from the factory amp to a high-low signal converter (Scosche SLC-4), from the scosche SLC-4 I have 4 RCA wires to the JL G6600

Archived