Voltage drops quickly then returns to 14.4

check all your wiring. make sure they are all nice and tight. check the battery. you need to have it tested not just get a DMM and call it good. it can read 13.1 volts and still be a bad battery. test the alt. take it to a shop and have them check what it really puts out

i have my rear amp grounded to the frame behind my seats. However i haven't sanded the paint off. Which i intend on doing as soon as i get off this rig and go home lol. It probably is a shitty alternator, but its better than the stock one.

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/item_540/Jeep-Liberty.htm

its the 250 amp model. I guess thats a shitty alternator lol.

With 140 amp idle and 65 ah from the 3400 i feel like that would be adequate to supply 1000 watts.

And the amp has only 1 zero gauge input. I suppose i could get the adapters to add a second run, but is that really going to make a difference on a 1000 watt amplifier? I'm going to add a second run when i had the rear batt, so ill have 2 1/0 runs.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

just because they say it does 140a at idle dont mean squat.. it its worse than your stock.. i bet its not even on when you're in idle thats why its drops to 12v

put your stock back in and see if it changes anything

And fix all other questionable issues as well. Sounds like you need to redo some electrical & swap out alts to trouble shoot problems. Buying cheap never works out man.

I hope you didn't pay $400 for that piece of shit alternator. You could have gotten a 240a mechman for $350 or close to $350 depending on vehicle and the options they have...

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

yea i know. it wasnt cheap though lol. I just didnt know about the good stuff when i got it. I'm saving up for a dc 270 alt. But right now i gotta get by with what i have. I'll check all my electrical as soon as i get home and have my tools. I didnt know shit when i first bought it and my first system was installed by some retard who ran 4 gauge power to my skar 3500. he also told me the d3400 wouldnt work up front. Then i decided to do it all myself. because fuck that noise. I just wanted some bass, and i didnt realize what a difference it makes actually installing things properly and paying attention to details.

But thanks for the help

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

yea i know. it wasnt cheap though lol. I just didnt know about the good stuff when i got it. I'm saving up for a dc 270 alt. But right now i gotta get by with what i have. I'll check all my electrical as soon as i get home and have my tools. I didnt know shit when i first bought it and my first system was installed by some retard who ran 4 gauge power to my skar 3500. he also told me the d3400 wouldnt work up front. Then i decided to do it all myself. because fuck that noise. I just wanted some bass, and i didnt realize what a difference it makes actually installing things properly and paying attention to details.

But thanks for the help

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

But thanks for the help

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived