Sign in to follow this  
Jake From-StateFarm Measel

which is the best? skar, sundown or soundstream

I am looking into these three subs; skar vvx-12v2, sundown sa-12d2 or soundstream t7.122. which one is better?

sundown is good, skar is good and soundstream is okay. the skar and sundown are very alike. either or will do you good.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Scott Burgess
      i have a 1990 ranger ext cab with a 8 cubic foot box runnin 2 older jbl 12 inch subs and a fosgate p2002 old school amp 200 watt rms into 4 ohm the box is 22x22x30 way to big but hits the lows so swwet
      i aquired from a shop closure a wad of soundstream equipment 2x dub12-4 ohm dvc  500 watt subs 
      2x picaso nano mono block 650 watt amps and a 520 watt 4 ch amp for future componants
      i have been trying to reverse engineer the last pic i found online 
      please help i cant figure this out just want it to look similar with the correct cubes for 2 soundstream 12's 
      and to fill the back of the cab
      enclosed is the perimeters the subs are calling for
      ive never had matching audio equipment and really want to have a setup i can be proud to show off 
      i love the plexi on the front to show off the box and subs 
      any help in design and especially a cut list would really make my day
      thanks for any help you guys offer  also 
      the space is 50 inches wide  14 inches front to back and 24 inches top to bottom  with a 6x6 inch notch in the back its part of the chassis
      the sides act as legs with the notch cut out around that metal part i measured  my truck to match the pic of the custom job in the pic
      scott

• By anr102990
      Got a Skar DDX 12 dual 2 ohm sub 1000w RMS. Christmas gift. Will be going in my 2005 F150 supercrew. I currently have 2 Alpine SWS 10d4 in a sealed Fox Box under the seat with an MB QUART amp, amp come free with the purchase of the 2 subs so it wasnt a bad deal IMO. That system will be going in my wifes Camry, building slot ported box now for it.  Anyways im looking for a louder setup, but also musical as well. I am capable of building my own enclosure, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking somewhere around 2.25 to 2.75 cu ft after displacements tuned around 35 hz with a 6" aero port but am open to other designs. I have never had an aero port design, always slot ports and was curious to try it out. i have yet to purchase an amp for the sub and was looking into the Skar RP 1500 wired to 1 ohm but am also aware of box rise...so may save a little more for a bit larger amp. Also would like to add that i will be setting the box on the floor in place of where the smaller portion of the rear seat will fold up, for now anyways. Thanks in advance. 

• By fmedina
      whats up fam. so heres a quick run down of my system. not a trunk build, not a wall, just a simple ugly back seat build lol i am a construction electrician with my trunk almost always full with tools and material for work. only other spot to fit a sub box with out doing a wall is my back seat. i just need some bass! not really going for looks. ive had some pictures on what i had before (just went from a skar evl15 to a dc xl15 and sae1500 to a dc 2k) so here are some recent pics... hope you guys enjoy... 

i personally did the big3 with sky high 1/0 up front and ran power from front stock battery to rear full throttle group 34. messed up by getting a blue big 3 kit instead of red lol oh well. 

heres what it looked like before i swapped out the sae1500. the rest of the wiring was done by arden audio in sacramento. when i went home and did a lil inspection i have noticed the ground going to the 4ch amp was just self tapped in with 3 screws on the frame of the vehicle. wasnt too happy about it so instead of complaining i just went ahead and fixed it. both grounds are now sharing an existing grounding point directly under the driver seat. everything else was fine, thanks arden audio!

and heres the box just sitting on the back seat haha 

• By mpulford311
      just got done with my chevy trailblazer build.  here are the specs
      Mechman 250 Amp Alternator 
      XS D3400 under hood
      XS XP3000 in rear
      big 3 upgrade
      0 gauge GP Car Audio wire throughout 
      heatshrink and lugs crimped by me
      2- Skar EVL 15's wired to 1 ohm
      1- Skar SKV2 3500 watt monoblock
      4- Skar PAX65 6.5's in all 4 doors 
      1- Skar RP 150.4 4 channel amp to the doors

Amps are bolted down with socket head allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      fuseblocks are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      Subs are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      nothing moves 
      all lugs are hydraulic crimped by me 
      all heatshrink done by me  

my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer only 56000 miles on it.

Sony MEX XB100BT radio. It puts out decent power

ripped out the wimpy stock speaker and put in the skar PAX65

installed back in stock location modified the speaker ring BINGO 

mechman 250 Amp alternator.  Out with the old in with the new.

Installed.  Took more time to put belt back on.  1/2 shorter 

under the hood battery

big 3 done.  0 gauge GP Car Audio wire 

couple of fuseblocks ran 

starting of box build 3/4 birch 

got the Skar EVL 15's fitted in there 

monster box in back  LOL

started some wiring.  box has angle brackets which is bolted to wood 
      and wood is bolted to frame the rca's are covering the bolt other bolt 
      is under battery.

got speaker wire and rca's all tesa taped and zip tied down  even put a
      fire extinguisher in.  

used 8 gauge subwoofer wire to subs and 14 gauge to door speakers
      all 0 gauge to amps.  Even used that Bluetooth voltmeter that ExoContralto
      recommended.  works pretty well. 

• By abdc
      Is this for real?
      Shok Industries Titan Series subwoofers for free?
      Does anybody know if these guys are going out of business or something?
      I sent them a memo but so far no response...

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 219 Guests (See full list)