94 GMC Serria Z71 Trailmaster

This is my sons truck he just picked up a couple weeks ago and it is one clean truck for Alaska. He is the 3rd owner. Second owner was willed it a few months ago from a family member and sold it to my son.

Very well kept garage vehicle with no rust, and 100% complete and original with great service records. Build plan is in design staging and since he wants to keep the back seat we are thinking 4 Sundown 8s under the rear seats ported. 8" kick panels with 5 1/4 comps with 5 1/4 rear fill. We where talking today about all Sundown build but might so more SQ.

Anyway heres what we are working with.... Oh spent the day buffing and cleaning it up some.

IMG_1771_zpsf31f8152.jpg

Installing stupid lights, KIds.... second pair and they still dont work right. I wired up this set worked until he put the grill back in. He needs to learn to leave it stock. He has always been obsessed with HIDs. I dont get it. lol

IMG_1770_zpsd04803e3.jpg

IMG_1769_zpsc922bdd6.jpg

IMG_1768_zps00e339f1.jpg

IMG_1761_zpsbb74054e.jpg

IMG_1760_zps4a6d315a.jpg

IMG_1759_zps13b737c1.jpg

IMG_1758_zps181b88d3.jpg

IMG_1757_zps973c7a15.jpg

IMG_1755_zpsfb2d1f43.jpg

IMG_1754_zpsb5944e2c.jpg

IMG_1753_zps48442d5c.jpg

IMG_1752_zpsde4a2df9.jpg

IMG_1751_zps32f7a762.jpg

Pic before buffing when he was checking his brakes out. Will post better outside pics of it cleaned up.

Now i dont know much about the TrailMaster package but my guess is it was order from the factory, built and sent to a company that installs all the wood trim, leather captains chairs, wood console and headliner. Other than that not familiar with what else they do for the package. It has a Badge on the door jam with some info.

So i think it gets a system upgrade because of the 5 1/4 door and rear speakers that are in it. Doors are older Clarion and rear look like newer Linear Series. With these locations i will want to build off of what has already been done just to help keep the look.

Any info on TrailMaster package or build ideas would be appreciated.

I am sure the original owner did, just kept it in the garage and kept it very clean. Pics dont do it justice. Hell the engine still has its factory black paint on the block & intake manifold. I think the seats took the worst wear with the leather cracking a bit. Treated them today but they need more cleaning and treatments. Just a solid truck for a 23 yr old.

Are trucks like that still going for a premium up there? I know when lived up there I couldn't find a truck for a decent price that had any body left. lol

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Ya he got it for 5k, does that count. lol 140K in it, but just in real clean shape. He deserves though, he a good kid who works hard and is a good person so i love helping him with it. I will probably pay for half the build and do all the work! lol But hay, its for my son. what can i say.

ya no shit Trevor u and Nate are like the kings of obs truck building, Trevor what series sundown 8's did u have again?

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

Pics of it cleaned up better. Good enough for winter and in the spring it will get another buffing, waxing and detailed. I just came upo with a good enclosure idea. Stick with the wood theme and make a cover plate over sub enclosure to match wood in the interior. I think that would look nice and classy.

IMG_1772_zpsa9737d32.jpg

IMG_1774_zps92d2d420.jpg

IMG_1773_zps179282a3.jpg

Archived