XS Power

Warranty (swelling) issues? Updated 11/15

I called XS Power today because the D6500 I have under the hood(about a year old) is really swollen. Doesn't seem to be affecting performance, but I'm concerned from a safety standpoint. I was told that swelling isn't covered under warranty because that usually means there's a ton of resistance inside the battery and it wasn't maintained properly.

What I really want to know is, what did I do wrong in maintaining the battery? It's the only battery in my setup, it has been fed by a DC 270xp the whole time... I have about 2200 wrms in my system, and no other aftermarket electrical. I drive the truck every day, I charge high 14's cold and mid 14's when warm, hardly ever wang on it except for an occasional demo, and I never run any electrical with the engine off.

Thinking about it, I would be fine with an auto zone battery but, i took faith in the product and Nate was super helpful during the shopping process.

Edited by rockFord_Expedition
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

It's cause d series isn't meant to be under hood it can't take the heat ... I had it happen to me also use a heat blanket ...

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

It's cause d series isn't meant to be under hood it can't take the heat ... I had it happen to me also use a heat blanket ...

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

unlucky mate.....contact the shop you got the batt from and send them a pic of it.

I bought mine directly from Nate because the local shop was trying to sell me some other brand instead of ordering what I wanted.

Yep, got hot

I always wrap mine under the hood with a heat barrier

Not that I don't believe you, but I went with a D series under the hood for 2 reasons: 1) on the XSPower website when I used the OEM replacement calculator the D6500 comes up for my '03 Expedition. 2) when I was shopping for my battery I needed up working with Nate on the phone, he asked me what vehicle and application I would need a battery for, and after I told him, the D6500 is what he suggested.

I don't feel I've been negligent in any way, and I just have a hard time wrapping my head around why with that being the case, XSPower won't honor the warranty.

How bad is it...post a pic

I've had it happen with 2 batts and have seen it multiple times with them under the Hood

Idk they might warranty it

I'll go snap a few and post em in a bit. It's pretty bad though. I called yesterday spoke to one person about it, then he handed the phone to Chris who told me that swelling usually means improper maintenance so void warranty. Ugh.