I plan on building around the sub box with wood to have spots to mount the amps, distribution blocks, ground blocks and caps onto.

That all sounds good but the CAPS! No caps! get a couple small XS batts if need be but no one here really like or believes in CAPS. Just the way it is.

As for your doors and speaker selection if you want to fiberglass your doors for all 3 that would work good, just research palcement of drivers. If you have room in the kick panels that always a good spot for mid bass and then the mid range & highs in the doors. But having all 3 in the doors would look sick.

Heres where i am at with mu doors for mid range and rebuilding kick panels to house 8" mid bass.

IMG_1792_zps6b5c1664.jpg

Rough primer & paint for a color scheme to go with interior.

IMG_1749_zpsbeb41836.jpg

I had a set of 6.5 in the kicks but that was midrange so upgrading to mid bass. Original plan was to Put some CDT 6.5 D4 mid bass drivers in but my OCD would let me put a different brand there. lol

IMG_1742_zpsf9058189.jpg

This is the comparison between the two. I think the CDTs would have worked well. Tested everything out after i wired them down to 2 ohm and sounded ok free airing them.

Keep us posted on your progress. I think you have a solid plan.

I already own a 10 farad cap so i figure i may as put it to use. I had it installed in my Enclave, and i took it out for my car, and i wasn't sure if it did anything at all, but before i took it out, i didn't have any dimming of lights on the interior, after i took it out, all my interior lights "dance" to the beat of the music now. So it definitely was doing something for my electrical. And my Enclave has a stock 170 amp alternator with a brand new Sears Die Hard battery(which is twice the size of the one in the car). Plus, I do have 2 Kinetic HC600 batteries and gonna order a 3rd one too, that are going in the car. I love how compact those batteries are. Gonna be easy to hide them away(if i hide them, they are damn sexy too). I have them pictured earlier, but no pic of the cap though.

I already own a 10 farad cap so i figure i may as put it to use. I had it installed in my Enclave, and i took it out for my car, and i wasn't sure if it did anything at all, but before i took it out, i didn't have any dimming of lights on the interior, after i took it out, all my interior lights "dance" to the beat of the music now. So it definitely was doing something for my electrical. And my Enclave has a stock 170 amp alternator with a brand new Sears Die Hard battery(which is twice the size of the one in the car). Plus, I do have 2 Kinetic HC600 batteries and gonna order a 3rd one too, that are going in the car. I love how compact those batteries are. Gonna be easy to hide them away(if i hide them, they are damn sexy too). I have them pictured earlier, but no pic of the cap though.

Right on, sorry i forgot about the HC600's you have. I though you [lanned to run a 1 or 2 farrad Cap, 10 is better. Did you get the battery mounting cases for the HC600's? There pretty cheap and nice to be able to mount the battery in a couple different ways.

I have a HC600 under the hood as well as a Optima Blue Top that was free. Plus 2 HC1800 in the truck. Next batts will be XS though.

Your orange CDT looks to be the better of the two. Cone anyway. Ya mids & highs in the A-pillar would be sick, its how i plan to do the wifes Boo.

SHCAwireupgrade2014009_zpsa586beef.jpg

SHCAwireupgrade2014008_zps4e6b747a.jpg

Subupgrade2014004_zpsc140cd0d.jpg

Subupgrade2014011_zpsac00f1a4.jpg

SQ HDS310's on 1k each.

No, I didnt get the battery mounting brackets, was gonna mount them out of sight and strap them down side by side. I think for the power I'm running, the 2 HC600's and a 10 farad cap along with an Optima Redtop under the hood should be more than sufficient. I have a battery isolator(NVX 200amp), should i isolate the 2 HC600's from the main electrical or just run them all in series without the isolator?

I like the A-pillar idea better. It brings your sound stage up higher. Other wise you need to angle your mid & highs to your listening position. It is a great spot for the midbass.

No, I didnt get the battery mounting brackets, was gonna mount them out of sight and strap them down side by side. I think for the power I'm running, the 2 HC600's and a 10 farad cap along with an Optima Redtop under the hood should be more than sufficient. I have a battery isolator(NVX 200amp), should i isolate the 2 HC600's from the main electrical or just run them all in series without the isolator?

All in series IMO.

Right on, sorry i forgot about the HC600's you have. I though you [lanned to run a 1 or 2 farrad Cap, 10 is better. Did you get the battery mounting cases for the HC600's? There pretty cheap and nice to be able to mount the battery in a couple different ways.

I have a HC600 under the hood as well as a Optima Blue Top that was free. Plus 2 HC1800 in the truck. Next batts will be XS though.

Your orange CDT looks to be the better of the two. Cone anyway. Ya mids & highs in the A-pillar would be sick, its how i plan to do the wifes Boo.

SHCAwireupgrade2014009_zpsa586beef.jpg

SHCAwireupgrade2014008_zps4e6b747a.jpg

Subupgrade2014004_zpsc140cd0d.jpg

Subupgrade2014011_zpsac00f1a4.jpg

SQ HDS310's on 1k each.

Yeah, the orange ones are the better of the 2 sets I have. On CDT's website, the new ES series sell for $899 and I believe the other set I have are the HD's, and even those sell for $499 from CDT'S website. I think either would be a great set, but the 3 ways kinda fit my requirements better.

Just came in to say nice car, nice gear and those wide track steelies are a great look. Diamond Racing?

Be watching to see where this one goes.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived