DylanBunch Posted November 11, 2014 Report Posted November 11, 2014 How short do I need to make the steel pipe to where I can fit the floor flanges? I stupidly had the pipe cut to the internal dimensions and once the floor flanges were on the pipe I couldn't turn it upright cause the side of the flange would hit the top. Wondering how much I need taken off so I can take it to get it cut again 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Jessica Posted November 11, 2014 Report Posted November 11, 2014 you cant assemble it and push it in straight? cause even at the right length that is about the only way to do it. the you unthread it a bit to snug it and bolt it in. im assuming you are talking about box bracing here Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
DylanBunch Posted November 11, 2014 Author Report Posted November 11, 2014 I'm using it to brace my wall and I can't cleanly take my loading wall off so I have to put it in through the port and tilt it upright. I already cut about 1/4-3/8 off of one end and it did nothing 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
DylanBunch Posted November 11, 2014 Author Report Posted November 11, 2014 I'd keep cutting it but it's such a pain to cut I wanna try and find a spot where I can just cut it once 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
tacomaguy1 Posted November 11, 2014 Report Posted November 11, 2014 I measured how deep the threads are....subtracted from width needed to brace Had home depot cut and thread. Something like that Team Flex Issues
DylanBunch Posted November 11, 2014 Author Report Posted November 11, 2014 Hmm I'll give that a shot thanks 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
magillaru Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 For 3/4" pipe and flanges, I subtracted 1/2" total from the internal dimension and I actually have too much space with the pipe completely tightened on each flange.....I may get new pieces cut only subtracting 1/4" total.....because I'm OCD when building things. EDIT: they still fit by loosening the pipe a little on each flange. Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
DylanBunch Posted November 15, 2014 Author Report Posted November 15, 2014 Really? I have 1/4 cut off and can't fit mine 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
magillaru Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 Yup. Internal dimension is 15.5", pipe is 15"........ Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
DylanBunch Posted November 15, 2014 Author Report Posted November 15, 2014 Shit guess I'll try it again then lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.