Second Skin Audio

T2D412 Recone

tyma1026

Has anyone ever tried to recone one of these subs before? I have recently seen recone kits for these subs. I am tempted to try it but really don't want to mess anything up. Is reconing easy to do for these subs? I have contacted fixmyspeaker.com and their prices aren't too bad for repairing both of these subs if I am not able to do it myself.

Any help, advice, tutorials, etc. are appreciated.

Does anyone know anything? Should I give it a go? Are they as easy to recone as other woofers. Really don't want to waste money if I can avoid it. These are some Rockford Fosgate 12 in woofers. The new black series; not the aluminum.

I would assume it is the same procedure as other recones. Cut the surround, cut the spider, scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape (have tape over the entrance to the motor/magnets). Then test fit with shims. Then ca glue spooder and then surround. Then do the leads and you are done?

I've actually had a failed triple joint on a T2 12" and was able to carefully take it apart with a sharp chisel to gently separate the surround and a thin flathead screwdriver to pry loose the spiders and spacer, I fixed the triple joint and it fit back together without needing a shim in the coil to center it as the spider fits into a tight spot as does the surround.

It can be do e, psi did it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived