My Quest For A Perfect 6 Pack: Update 11/03

It sounds like you know what youre doing, but the 4-5 small meals a day, combined with a mere 20 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), and eating the right things will get you down quick! 2 other things, eat as early as possible in the morning, and do the HIIT in the morning if possible. I also use the "water diet" too to fill up quicker. If youre in a hurry or need to jack your metabolism, drink a smallish cup of coffee with each good size meal, and your body will burn up that meal a lot quicker.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Man, good luck to you. I've started watching what I eat (which is super hard considering I work at a food joint) and started doing basic calisthenics. I'm waiting on getting a gym membership because when I start college, they have an amazing health facility which means more machines than you can shake a stick at. And the best part of all is, it's free since I'll be going to school there

Yea man, my bud has a free gym membership w his college and its supposedly reaaly nice and packed with girls....But he never goes...I mean if yourne not gonna go 4 the workout at least go for the chix!

Im still working on mine to get them full blown 6 pack

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn man, and u drink alceehol alot so im jealous that your shit stays the same....

It sounds like you know what youre doing, but the 4-5 small meals a day, combined with a mere 20 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), and eating the right things will get you down quick! 2 other things, eat as early as possible in the morning, and do the HIIT in the morning if possible. I also use the "water diet" too to fill up quicker. If youre in a hurry or need to jack your metabolism, drink a smallish cup of coffee with each good size meal, and your body will burn up that meal a lot quicker.

Yea ive heard great things with the HIIT, everyone says its def. the way 2 go..I guess ill start doing my workouts earlier then :) ...Ive also heard that you can work your abs everyday because theyre "special"lol....But ima stick 2 every other day.....Cant build muscle if u dont LET it build rite....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

HIIT is definitly a good way to go...i would stick to doing it only 2-3 times a week and not directly after you work out. If your doing it on you workout days do it in the morning and your workout at night.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

ok its saturday morning and i got a little antsy to update u guys on my progress....Well my starting weight was 167.5

As of this morning it is........

Posted Image

Weighed myself w/out the cam and socks and 163.9....

Not bad for 5 and a half days...huh? But its a bit much for that amount of time...soo...im going to try to stay the same weight until monday so i dont stress my body too much....3 pounds is the maximum weight you should lose in 7 days, so im gonna chill out for a bit...and eat a little more (thanks God) to keep it at this 164 for a bit....so heres basically what i did for the week...I averaged about 1500 calories a day....

My foods consisted of mostly this...

Posted Image

WITH AN EMPHASIS ON THIS...

Posted Image

AND THIS....

Posted Image

The protein helps to keep my muscle while only losing the fat...it also helped me speed up my metabolism....The water....well i drank about 1000 waters to keep replacing fluids in my body...it really does make a difference! :rolleyes:

My dinners were of different foods then the ones above of course...like salmon...chicken nuggets, chicken breast...and things like that...i tried to keep it under 250 to 400 calories though...

As for workouts....i really targeted my abs this week....lower abs more because i already have definition on the upper abs....leg raises really helped to make them sore lol... i used an excercise ball for most of my crunches

Posted Image

Posted Image

and this elastic band...It is very important to add resistance to your workouts to get the best results...I also tried on Wednesday an HIIT workout...All i have 2 say is DAMMMNNN! It kicked my ass! Thanks for mentioning it huys bc i definitely feel that it works...NE how heres the end results after week 1.....

flexing

Posted Image

Posted Image

non flexing...

Posted Image

I dont have much more to lose....maybe 5 pounds if that ....then after that its muscle building time...which means i have to eat alot more :blink: Contradicts itself dont ya think lol...but to say the least i am very happy with the results so far and im proud of sticking to my diet...

Eclipse cd7000

finkster, be careful that you do not create too much of a calorie deficit or your body will quickly adapt by dropping your metabolism.

Another thing, increase the number of times you eat a day from 4 to 6 times.

One last thing: Remember that it is near impossible to lose fat and build muscle at the exact same time unless you have a special body type and the genes of a greek god. So you need to lose the fat first (which will result in some muscle loss), then concentrate on the definition.

Hope this helps

finkster, be careful that you do not create too much of a calorie deficit or your body will quickly adapt by dropping your metabolism.

Another thing, increase the number of times you eat a day from 4 to 6 times.

One last thing: Remember that it is near impossible to lose fat and create muscle and the exact same time unless you have a special body type and the genes of a greek god. So you need to lose the fat first (which will result in some muscle loss), then concentrate on the definition.

Hope this helps

All three of these are what i am doing lol...The protein isnt for muscle gain, but to keep the muscle i have... i eat at least 4-6 times a day...and the first thing i am doing is to lose the fat...although i am working out my abs, it is more to get them working...After i lose a couple more pounds...Its smooth sailing and weight gain (muscle gain FTW)...only another week or so and ill be doing nothing but eating and working out...no more wight loss bullshit lol...Thank you for the advice tho...bc i kno a lot of ppl that have fallen into this trap...and have messed themselves up pretty badly...

Eclipse cd7000

i eat anything i want....and when i ever i want!!! and i still manage to keep my 8 pack!! idk how but i do!!! i do 150 crunches a nite on top of that i work the heavy bag that i have in my basement(boxing bag)

Yeah me too... I NEVER watch what I eat... (Except I only do 100 a night) but I do even more every day in practice, plus running and lifting and stuff. I guess thats what D1 College Track does to you. I take that back, I've had defined abs since like the 7th grade and I really don't have to do much to keep them.

Before I went to college, they are better now obv:

Posted Image

Sorry for thread-jack

ANYWAYS:

Good luck and keep up the good work. just stay with it and you'll be ok. You do have 10 weeks over all... Oh by the way, that whey protien stuff is nasty ^_^

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

Yeah me too... I NEVER watch what I eat... (Except I only do 100 a night) but I do even more every day in practice, plus running and lifting and stuff. I guess thats what D1 College Track does to you. I take that back, I've had defined abs since like the 7th grade and I really don't have to do much to keep them.

Before I went to college, they are better now obv:

Posted Image

Sorry for thread-jack

ANYWAYS:

Good luck and keep up the good work. just stay with it and you'll be ok. You do have 10 weeks over all... Oh by the way, that whey protien stuff is nasty ^_^

all u ppl have good genetics...jeez...i have to work my ass off and uve had those abs for ever......damn...yea tho the protein is nast, its also necessay for me...thanx for the encouragement :)

Eclipse cd7000

this is what i got to work with :)

Posted Image

weighed myself today... 173lbs...im not looking to loose "weight" id like to stay at this weight and get to about to 5-7% body fat (im 10% right now, much better than my 18% body fat freshman year of HS) :)

i wish my abbs would come in as fast as my arms/shoulder/chest did

fink..hows the eating coming? thats always been the hardest part for me :(

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

this is what i got to work with :)

Posted Image

weighed myself today... 173lbs...im not looking to loose "weight" id like to stay at this weight and get to about to 5-7% body fat (im 10% right now, much better than my 18% body fat freshman year of HS) :)

i wish my abbs would come in as fast as my arms/shoulder/chest did

fink..hows the eating coming? thats always been the hardest part for me :(

Well i was gonna wait til next monday to share, but heres the deal....I ate as much as i wanted for about 5 days now...theres a reason in fact...when u lose your body fat...it comes at a cost of muscle....i realized i started "cutting" a little too early and woulda been down to what i wanted a a couple weeks before my goal (summer)...when i lose this fat im also gonna lose at least 5% of my muscle PERIOD...u just cant save it...which is why im gonna take a mother load of protein....when cutting on a diet and there is a defecit, your body looks to the next source of energy, which unfortunately is muscle :( so i bulked for like half a week lol...dont wanna lose ne thing i dont have to...But at the most, I will be starting again by Fri-Sat...then the fun begins...But when i was on the diet it was fine it was hard but i really wanna meet this goal....mind over matter....and oh yea...good luck w cutting GTX :)

EDIT: I know thats prob not what u guys want to hear but i was kinda freaking out about losing too much too quickly..not paranoia...but it really is bad for you :( dont worry ill have this dam 6 pak by summer u people have my word :)

Eclipse cd7000

Archived