SPL.Pantie.Soak Posted November 19, 2014 Report Posted November 19, 2014 Is this possible? I feel as if my subs are ever so slightly behind where the basslines should be, like a little behind and this leads to a overall sloppy performance, my only explanations are the fact I am using a cheap line output converter or the fact I am using rather long Radioshack RCAs? Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated. Kenwood KVT-614 (4) Marathon 155 AH batts 2/0 OFC SHCA Mechman 370 (2) Audioque 3500.1 (2) AA Mayhem 15s
islandpride684 Posted November 19, 2014 Report Posted November 19, 2014 So you are using a LOC with an aftermarket head unit? Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
SPL.Pantie.Soak Posted November 19, 2014 Author Report Posted November 19, 2014 So you are using a LOC with an aftermarket head unit? Yes sir, I am using the KVt614 flipout. I assume RCAs werent the norm on headunits of those days so I went ahead and bought one from..... Walmart, I think its Scosche Kenwood KVT-614 (4) Marathon 155 AH batts 2/0 OFC SHCA Mechman 370 (2) Audioque 3500.1 (2) AA Mayhem 15s
jk13 Posted November 20, 2014 Report Posted November 20, 2014 You're probably missing the RCA harness--is there an empty multi pin plug on the back? See if you can order one from a local shop or from Kenwood directly. As far as "of those days" RCAs have been the norm since the late 80s. The delay is still strange, even with LOC. Static drops are my bag.
philrab Posted November 20, 2014 Report Posted November 20, 2014 Did you try reversing polarity on the subs? Possibly they're backwards, or just need to be inverted. Worth a try before you dig in any further. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.