Digital Designs throwin shade to other companies?

For a sub that's has had that much testing, looks meh.

dd doesnt build for looks. and i think basket looks cool with dd in it. but once again, i guess its all personal preference and is why many companies sell many different things.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

For a sub that's has had that much testing, looks meh.

dd doesnt build for looks. and i think basket looks cool with dd in it. but once again, i guess its all personal preference and is why many companies sell many different things.

Ground breaking they say..... :shrug:

ill have 2 very very soon :) unless i already have them :peepwall:

anyone who thinks this video is a stab is a moron. its not a stab at other companies. its showing there choices and why they made them.

anyone who dislikes the surround cause it looks like kicker or lanzar or whoever, who cares. all i know is this is the dd surround. when i see the surround i see dd using it and they put performance above all else. they have been working on this woofer for more than a few years. testing testing more testing. i wanted one last year but they were still doing r and d on it. the surround is best for this application since they used it. i know looks matters to most of you but then again i dont see how a surround that takes up the whole cone looks goood either. i guess its personal preference.

I dunno man..... imho, DD is going down "that road".

Flame me.. but,.... They are doing NOTHING ground breaking. Hell, they cant even keep up these days.

Again, just me.

But they will be "one of those" in time. Watch.

DD posted on their facebook page earlier someone already has an install with a pair of these. I'm curious as to the sound quality of them as well since I know we won't be ordering any where I work since 8's in general don't sell very well. When we received the email about these before they were released the look of them made me say wtf is that lol. For any DD fans around here they did just also release an 800 series redline line of woofers too.

If I'm not mistaken Credence invented the ribbed surround about a decade ago. Still though, haters will hate but DD makes a fantastic product.

Me and the others seeing this, and doing a head tilt, are NOT hating.

Not at all. I have respect for DD.

That said..... nah.... nah.

Not for me.

anyone who thinks this video is a stab is a moron. its not a stab at other companies. its showing there choices and why they made them.

anyone who dislikes the surround cause it looks like kicker or lanzar or whoever, who cares. all i know is this is the dd surround. when i see the surround i see dd using it and they put performance above all else. they have been working on this woofer for more than a few years. testing testing more testing. i wanted one last year but they were still doing r and d on it. the surround is best for this application since they used it. i know looks matters to most of you but then again i dont see how a surround that takes up the whole cone looks goood either. i guess its personal preference.

Flame me.. but,.... They are doing NOTHING ground breaking. Hell, they cant even keep up these days.

Again, just me.

keep up in what regards? i like the fact they are coming out with so many products. they have stuff for home stuff for car, cheaper stuff more expensive stuff. their amps are so small and do mad power. their subs are great and there is something for everyone at any price.

yea if you are going for ungodly lows their tight gap designs does not favor sub 27hz, but i dont see how thier 800 degree coil ratings are not keeping up. or thier z woofers arent keeping up. if price is the gripe, well good things cost money. please tell me your thoughts.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Again, just me.

keep up in what regards? i like the fact they are coming out with so many products. they have stuff for home stuff for car, cheaper stuff more expensive stuff. their amps are so small and do mad power. their subs are great and there is something for everyone at any price.

yea if you are going for ungodly lows their tight gap designs does not favor sub 27hz, but i dont see how thier 800 degree coil ratings are not keeping up. or thier z woofers arent keeping up. if price is the gripe, well good things cost money. please tell me your thoughts.

its always been the price that turns people off from DD..

i dont want to sound like a broken record but....forget it

Again, just me.

Naw.. its ok..

Dude, you know me..

That said.. DD is NOT what it use to be.... period.

Just saying. IMHO they are NOT.

But, hey, you wanna roll, i respect that........ Im not dick pulling here.

But no way is DD what they were in times past. I dont think anyway.

(ground breaking, he says?,.. no)

Again, just me.

Naw.. its ok..

Dude, you know me..

That said.. DD is NOT what it use to be.... period.

Just saying. IMHO they are NOT.

But, hey, you wanna roll, i respect that........ Im not dick pulling here.

But no way is DD what they were in times past. I dont think anyway.

(ground breaking, he says?,.. no)

what made them so good in the past compared to now?

Archived