reedal Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 www.bcae1.com Educate yourself. If you're asking "what's a good amount of ohms to look for?" You ain't ready to buy anything or build even the smallest system. Everything on that site will help you start to understand what you're getting into that you don't seem to know anything other than "a bigger speaker in a box gets louder." SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
reedal Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 I personally have owned Crossfire DVC, Crunch Fatboy & WTP's, Kicker Comp 12's & 15's and a Solobaric L7 12in, Alpine TypeR & TypeS 12in, Pyle 12's, and my best ones so far were the Kicker L7 12in or the Alpine TypeR 12in. But some also good brands are Cerwin-Vega, Rockford Fosgate, Soundstreamm DC Audio, Earthquake & some others but i cannot recall the names. Some brands to stay away from are Kenwood, Boss, Pyramid, Sony, JVC, Pioneer, Power Driver. I have thought about trying the Lightning Audio sub 12in i won from Steve Meade's last as far as i know Amp Test Tuesday. But i am afraid i will blow it. And don't listen to him for sub recommendation if he thinks Pyle and Crunch are good reliable brands. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 I'm not familiar with your particular model of truck, does your rear seat flip up or is it fixed in place? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
FineVisionz Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 I'm not familiar with your particular model of truck, does your rear seat flip up or is it fixed in place? It is fixed in place.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 It is fixed in place. Well that is going to make things difficult, thanks for the answer. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
islandpride684 Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 I would do 2 8s or 10s with a box on the floor board from driver to passenger side....sucks for those who will sit in the back because their knees will be up to their chest...but its another option if you don't want your box on top of your seats... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
RainStryke Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Yeah, with very little work, you could fit a 10. 1.3 cubes is perfect for a 10" sub. Which is still a lot better than a 8. As for an answer for your OHM question. You want a dual 2 OHM sub, you can wire it at 1 or 4 OHMs. If you think you might want to upgrade to a second subwoofer in the future, get a dual 4 OHM sub. By it self it can be wired at 2 or 8 OHM's, but if you decide to run two, you can wire them down to 1OHM. I currently have 2 dual 2OHM subs can i'm limited to 2 or .5OHM's and it makes finding an amplifier for my application a pain in the butt.
FineVisionz Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 The guy at the audio store recommended to get two Kicker 8in Hidaways. He also said "They will get louder than one 12in but wont sound as deep." The only problem with that is that its around $600 for two 8's. I have heard on 12 before and it's enough bass for me, so I don't think spending $600+ in two 8's will be worth it.
islandpride684 Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 The guy at the audio store recommended to get two Kicker 8in Hidaways. He also said "They will get louder than one 12in but wont sound as deep." The only problem with that is that its around $600 for two 8's. I have heard on 12 before and it's enough bass for me, so I don't think spending $600+ in two 8's will be worth it. you can get one off amazon for 279 plus it comes with the wiring kit....dont forget your paying for the sub and amp combo... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
FineVisionz Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 The guy at the audio store recommended to get two Kicker 8in Hidaways. He also said "They will get louder than one 12in but wont sound as deep." The only problem with that is that its around $600 for two 8's. I have heard on 12 before and it's enough bass for me, so I don't think spending $600+ in two 8's will be worth it.you can get one off amazon for 279 plus it comes with the wiring kit....dont forget your paying for the sub and amp combo... Yes, I do know its a sub amp combo. But I feel like it would be cheaper to go with a single 12.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.