Triticum Agricolam Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Ok, I just want to see recommended 12in subwoofer set ups for around $500-$600 from now on. I don't care about the box size, I will figure away to secure the sub down. Also, I do not want to build my own box. So keep that in mind. Thanks If you don't build the box yourself you are probably have a tough time keeping things under budget. It can be $200-300 to have a box built. Building a box isn't really hard to do. Where are you located? If you aren't comfortable building one yourself maybe you can find someone to help you do it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
FineVisionz Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 Ok, I just want to see recommended 12in subwoofer set ups for around $500-$600 from now on. I don't care about the box size, I will figure away to secure the sub down. Also, I do not want to build my own box. So keep that in mind. Thanks If you don't build the box yourself you are probably have a tough time keeping things under budget. It can be $200-300 to have a box built. Building a box isn't really hard to do. Where are you located? If you aren't comfortable building one yourself maybe you can find someone to help you do it. What I ment is I just want to buy a standard 12in sub box pre built.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 What I ment is I just want to buy a standard 12in sub box pre built. You may think you want to buy a prefab box, but really you don't. While there are a few very limited exceptions, the vast majority of prefab boxes are junk. They almost never have enough port area, and are usually tuned way too high. They are built as cheaply as possible, so they use low quality materials that aren't well suited for the job. The only time I would use a prefab box is if it was for a sealed sub and I could visually inspect it to make sure it was properly constructed before I bought it. Even then I'd have to get it for just about free or I wouldn't bother. Now its your truck and your money so you do whatever you want, but I'm going to tell you, and so will pretty much everyone else here, that prefab boxes are really not what you want to use. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Motorboat KER Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Sa 10 rockford fosgate 750.1 renegade 4 gauge kit Thats arouns 500$ there. So ypu wojls need box and loc.
hoit Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 as always, the good stuff isn't cheap...and the cheap stuff....well...you know. take your time, do a lot of research. ask a lot of questions. there are so many folks here that all share the same interest and goals. best of luck! 2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan 2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm 2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank Singer 220 amp alt
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.