Will this be good enough?

Ill try that. It's not far off from the multimeter autozone uses. I think a tenth low. But from what I see reading up. Wire low. Good electrical. Most likely it won't hurt a good amp. I know people wiring to .25 and .4 for Daily and they're fine running RD amps. But they know more than me so I'll get some other opinions.

its not that its far from it. mine to, if i plug it on the cigarette lighter it matches with the DMM where you will want is measuring the voltage the amp is seeing. wiring at the amp you will see the voltage the amp is getting. the lighter might not even catch the drop. you will see more voltage drop on the amp than you would on the lighter

My point exactly.

Tho is why people will tell you not to. Your in over your head. Voltage drop at your amp can and will be lower then at your cig lighter. The only thing they have in common is that they're both in the same car.

Your not pulling 250amps from your cig lighter are you?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

we are not saying you cant either. there is just no need to wire lower. takes knowing your gear and what it can take. having 10 batteries and 2 350 amp alternators dont take away the fact that youre running that amp below manufacturer recommendations.. you can wire it low but it will come with risks. it might work for you it might not. it might last you 5 years wired low or it might last you 2 months. it all depends how you use your gear and if you're cautious..

people who do it right just adds bigger amps and wire them safely. people who compete wire lower to get the most out of them and people who are cheap try and do it like the competitors but with much smaller amp

meh, why?

Why .5?

Why all those batts when you most likely wont drop in to reserve?

Why 2/0?

Why (2) of those front to back runs?

Why all those runs between batts, which will be a few feet TOPS from one another?

Why dual 2/0 inputs for a 2200wrms amp?

Why even consider box rise in a daily setup?

Ehh.. Maybe its me..

why not? You can get 25hz response with a 8" in the right box at 500 watts. why bother with 15's

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

For electrical did you ever think of calling the manufacturer and see what they recommend for it at 1ohm?

Maybe they say stock alt and a group 34 battery. Maybe stock alts are averaging 80 amps. I have 105. Do I still need a group 34? Just to get some opinions on what the public reccomends. What works for everyone else. I already have all of this. I'm waiting on a box. I was wondering if it would supply enough amperage to run this amp at .5 ohms.

I measured and compared cigarette lighter and the wires at the amp. Measured at the amp with DMM and it was always just a tenth low playing music or tones. Anything. It was consistent.

This right here means nothing.

Where you at .5 nominal?

Did you have the electrical in question installed?

The amp in question installed?

Did you have a dmm on both the cig lighter and amp at the same time so that you where getting readings at the same time?

It can vary more the you think specially under more stress.

I'm not saying don't do it. Just realize that your stepping into territory that you don't have a full understanding of. Its a risk you have to take on your own. No one here will say do it and you'll be fine or else they will feel guilty she it goes wrong if it does.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived